Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Thursday, June 24 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. is a “Hush” party with Hush Boutique @ D’Brows, 1203 U St. NW. Contact [email protected] for more details.
- All day Friday, June 25 is Proper Topper’s twenty year anniversary @ 3212 P St. NW, Georgetown. “There will be bubbly with which to toast and sweet deals, discounts and giveaways with which to thank you.” The anniversary sale goes though Monday, June 28.
- Also Friday from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. join Lettie Gouch Boutique, 1517 U St. NW, as they “celebrate extreme haute looks for this sunny season. Come out and see sizzling fashions for picnic or poolside, enjoy mouth-watering morsels and get stylized by Lettie Gooch.”
- Saturday, June 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Marzee Boutique, 1624 Wisconsin Ave. NW., will officially introduce “its fabulous clothes and upscale atmosphere with a day long grand opening event hosted by K Street Kate’s Kate Michael.” RSVP to [email protected]
- Also Saturday from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. is “a night of makeovers and makeup, shopping and socializing all for a good cause” @ The Penthouse, 1301 K St. NW. Get more details HERE.
- Sunday, June 27 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Worn Magazine is throwing a fundraiser for their second issue @ 1700 Kalorama Lofts on the rooftop. For $10, “it will feature whiskey cocktails by Lukas from Marvin, PBR, DJ Kennan Orr, and everyone will get a free copy of the magazine.”
SO IMPORTANT: LADY GAGA STOLE FROM LIZZIE MCGUIRE
MEGAN BURNS KNOWS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT.
WATCH AT 1:50
STARRING JETHRO & SOPHIE
Inspired by Piers Atkinson’s “Sex on the Brain” collection.
The magazine has Charlotte Rampling on the cover. [Courtesy of The Imagist]
VOGUE PORTUGAL JULY 2010
[Courtesy of Tobacco and Leather]
MILAN DAY ONE:
Dolce and Gabbana, Calvin, Burberry, Versace, John Varvatos
CRASHING THE BOY’S CLUB
“For the first time, Style.com is adding full menswear reviews and photos to our runway coverage.” [Courtesy of The Business of Fashion]
BY ANNI JURGENSON
[Courtesy of Souvenirs of a Girl]
[Courtesy of Disney Roller Girl]
WISH I WAS A WITNESS
“Tim Gunn Claims He Saw Anna Wintour’s Bodyguards Carry Her Down the Stairs”
New York Magazine has the story.