Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Tonight, May 25 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. is the Chic in the City party @ Urban Chic Georgetown, 1626 Wisconsin Ave. NW. There will be prizes, including a free makeover by Easel Hair Studio + stylist Wendy Pilch will judge best “Chic in the City” outfit and winner receives a pair of tickets to see Sex and The City 2.
- Also tonight, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Gordon Biersch DC is having a pre-release party for the upcoming release of Sex and the City 2 @ 900 F St. NW. Mr. Big and Carrie look-a-like contest + show by Belle’s Jewelry +raffle prizes from Celadon Spa + more.
- AND tonight, from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. is Couture for a Cure @ the Kogod Lobby of the Wolly Mammoth Theatre, 641 D. St. NW. It’s a fashion show benefiting the Leukemia & lymphoma Society. $75 general admission/$125 VIP.
- All day Wednesday, May 26 is Our Treat @ Sassoon Salon in Tysons Galleria, 1855 International Dr. McLean, VA. Kérastase will offer the opportunity to indulge in a complimentary treatment and blow-dry service at Sassoon Salon. This year, Kérastase will support Locks of Love by accepting $10 suggested donations.
- Thursday, May 27 at 7:00 p.m. you’re invited to become a member of the Secret Sherry Society. The Secret Fashion Show is happening @ Union 206 in Alexandria, VA. Disguises and aliases are encouraged.
- Also Thursday at 7:00 p.m. is Sex and The City 2 @ the Carriage House, 1327 Naylor Court NW. Join the DC Fashionista group to celebrate the premiere weekend of Sex and The City 2.
Behati Prinsloo and boyfriend Jamie Strachan for i-D Magazine.
Freja Beha Erichsen and Lara Stone in Vogue Paris June/July 2010 by Terry Richardson.
COURTESY OF VVORK
“Electric Dress” 1957
by Atsuko Tanaka
“Crystal Brass Knuckle (I am going to realign your chakras motherf*****)” 2009
by Debra Baxter
[Courtesy of Advanced Style]
FAVORITE BLOG: KIWILICIOUS
NEED NEED NEED
[Courtesy of Souvenirs]
FOR THE MIU MIU. I have an unhealthy obsession with S/S 2010.
[Courtesy of Hanneli Mustaparta]
BOOTS: Guilty Brotherhood
SHORTS: Guilty Brotherhood
BRA: Alexander Wang
HONG KONG MUSEUM OF HISTORY