By Melissa Groth
Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- October 24th: HU Shenanigans Fashion Show After Party $10 gets you in, and there’s an open bar until 11:30 at Tuscana West Lounge.
- October 24th: The Wig Capitol Foundation is throwing a breast cancer awareness Paint the Mall PINK! event at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City Mall.
- October 26th: Diamonds and Pearls Red Carpet Fashion Gala Head to Kabin DC for a swanky evening of complimentary beverages, hors d’oeuvres, and chances to win cash prizes. There will also be celebrities in attendance including Grammy Winner Ski Johnson, Housewives of DC Tareq Salahi, Bad Boys of Comedy Comedian Tony Woods, Producer Chilly ED Beats, and more.
- October 26th: It’s still going on! The amazing array of local vendors at the Dupont Market Fair of Georgetown are here every Saturday for your perusal.
- October 26th: The Monroe Street Market is the site of Art in the Mix Festival which will feature a Q&A session and book signing with the Sartorialist, Scott Schuman. After that you can take a pedestrian tour of the Monroe Street Market Arts Walks and see the open door garage studios of 27 local artists.
- October 26th: Meet BYT’s very own Britt Nelson at this weekend’s Fashion & Bloggers Conference. Indulge on free beverages, nibbles, goodie bags and fashion while receiving expert insight from industry leaders at the Fashion & Blogging Conference.
- October 27th: “The most Fashionable, Fabulous, Upscale and Celeb-filled Runway Show ever in the Nations Capital!” The Nation’s Capital Fashion Show at the Eastern Market North Hall will feature current and new season fashion collections, over 30 top professional models, bringing Fashion to life by wearing high fashion, designer, couture, ready to wear, and boutique fashion collections on the catwalk.
INSPIRATIONAL LINKS, ETC.
Chictopia: Checkered shirts have had their moment in the sun; it’s checkered skirts we’re digging now.
Instyle: Here’s a list of accessories you want for fall/winter. The best part? All under $150.oo.
Nylon: Want to dress like Alexa Chung? (Duh) Here are the essentials you need to do it.
WhoWhatWear: Keep these up-and-coming fashion it-girls on your radar
The scarf kilt is the most important item of fall clothing you didn’t know you needed/existed. And you can totally DIY (via)
Refinery29: The raddest sunglasses to wear in winter as to prevent photokeratitis (Google it) in style.
Fabsugar recommends you accessorize your LBD to replicate iconic women/characters for Halloween. I recommend you don’t wait for Halloween because these ideas are sick.
Fashion Tumblr of the week: Suits and Boots is a menswear Tumblr with a humorous edge. Check it out if you’re a dude and you want inspiration to switch up your wardrobe, or if you want your dude to be inspired to switch up his wardrobe.
Love the caption on this one: “Menswear, brah.”
High fashion, brah.