By Melissa Groth
Weekly rundown of DC fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- September 24th: If you’re not totally creeped out by wax doppelgangers, head to Madame Tussauds on F Street where Corjor International is holding a fashion show as part of DC Fashion week. Tickets are $30 and include a museum tour.
- September 24th: CapFabb and CUSP want to celebrate the season with you at their Sips, Bites and Beats happy hour.
- September 25th-29th: Mosaic Fashion Week is in full swing. Presentations, events AND a DC area premiere of Mademoiselle C!
- September 26th: Made in the District and Haute Haus Agency are holding an NYFW replication of sorts. They’ve dubbed it Fashion ReDeux, and it’s a fashion show featuring 2014 designer collections “showcased through exclusive photography and replicated through interpretive art.” If you liked the body-paint enthusiasts hanging out at the DKNY runway show, you’ll love this event.
- September 28th: Manicures and Mimosas. Make that bottomless mimosas. ‘Nuff said.
- September 29th: International Couture Collections fashion show presented by DC Fashion Week will take place at the Historical Society of Washington, DC on K Street.
- Tons of other DC Fashion Week events are happening this week, including a networking party and designer fashion shows. Check out the list of all other DC Fashion Week events here.
- SAVE THE DATE: October 10-12th, GEORGETOWN Brings you a weekend of FASHION+ART+DESIGN (FAD), which is basically FNO on steroids:
INSPIRATIONAL LINKS, ETC
Have you seen our latest DC Style Street Round-Up? It’s awesome, and it features Kelli Walters from Pixie Kitsune. Double awesome.
Washingtonian: 5 area retail stores to check out.
Harper’s Bazaar: In case you haven’t been keeping up with the various fashion weeks, we’re just finishing up Milan now, and it was fabulous.
Paris is up next!
Style.com: Street style in Milan & London. Aspire to this.
The 65th annual Emmys award show was Sunday night. Did you watch it? Did you? Did you see Jon Hamm’s beard?
Yahoo: Apparently there were celebrities at the Emmys other than Jon Hamm’s beard.
Coolest guy on the red carpet award goes to Johnny Galecki:
The best thing about these cobalt blue accessories for fall? You can make that ish yourself. (Thanks, I Made It)
Refinery 29: Sunglasses cool enough to wear at night, and other accessories trends to try.
Neckerchief. Called it.
Put This On is your style-related Tumblr of the week. Menswear made easy. Go forth and follow.