Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Tomorrow, March 10 from noon to 1 p.m. meet fashion designer Betsey Johnson at her store @ Tyson’s Galleria in VA. In honor of Alice in Wonderland, the theme will be Betsey in Wonderland and the staff will dress up as characters from the book. Tea, champagne and light food will be served. Also, all evening dresses will be 15% off. No RSVP necessary.
- As mentioned in last week’s post, Shea Yeleen International @ Darlington House presents a night of music and fashion tomorrow from 6 to 9 p.m. (contact [email protected]) and Fashion for Paws @ Urban Chic is happening from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.“Enjoy bubbly and treats and enter the chance to win amazing raffle prizes, including a F4P runways show ticket.”
- Bid on silent and live auction items on Thursday, March 11 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. for Critters (and Couture) for the Cure @ Bloomingdales in Chevy Chase to help celebrate as they “honor 5 local physicians and a 34-year breast cancer survivor.” 10% of supporters purchases on Thursday and Friday will be donated to Critters for the Cure.
- Saturday, March 13 from noon to 4 p.m. bring your gently worn flat shoes or sneakers to 3222 M St. NW to benefit the SOLES4SOULS.ORG Haitian Relief Effort.
- Also on Saturday, from 3 to 5 p.m., enjoy complimentary French wines and passed hors d’oeuvres when Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar (1736 Wisconsin Ave. NW) partners with DC-based jewelry designer Sylvia Gottwald, who will be showcasing her collection.
- Tuesday, March 16 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. save up to 90% @ the District Sample Sale. Tickets went on sale February 23. General Admission: $40; VIP: $100 (hours: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.); Benefactress: $250
THE “BEGGAR PRINCE”
Apparently, this homeless man is famous for inspiring fashion in China. I’m crushing so hard.
(Photograph courtesy of BlackBook.)
Vogue Italia March 2010, styled by Patti Wilson.
(Photograph courtesy of Vogue Italia; shot by Steven Klein.)
Gareth Pugh denies talks to succeed McQueen, whose fall 2010 collection will be shown this week.
(Photograph courtesy of The Cut; shot by Patrick McMullan.)