You work hard for your money so we’re workin’ hard for you to know where and when to spend it. Consider this your bible for all things concert-related for the rest of your LIFE.
+++++ ON SALE TODAY @ 10AM +++++
- May 17 — The Bloody Beetroots @ 9:30 Club Bloody Beetroots, a.k.a. Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo, is a tenured professor in the school of electronic sounds. You need to see him this May.
- May 18 — Joshua Radin @ The Hamilton Joshua Radin is bringing his delicate, sensitive and smooth Americana to The Hamilton next month and we can’t wait. (Swoon.)
- June 3 — The Mountain Goats @ 9:30 Club Folk laureate Jon Darnielle brings the Mountain Goats back to 930 in June, at which point there will be singing and dancing in Jerusalem. I’ll make it ’til then if it kills me.
- June 8 — Blowoff feat. the DJ sounds of Bob Mould + Rich Morel @ 9:30 Club Indie rocker Bob Mould and remix artist Rich Morel are bringing you a gay dance party for the ages in June.
- March 28 — Honor By August @ 9:30 Club Washington D.C. natives. See them in May.
- August 13 — ADAM ANT & the Good, the Mad & the Lovely Posse tour @ 9:30 Club The musical legacy of Adam Ant began to take root in the late 1970s. His Napoleon hat says more than I ever could. At this point I’m wasting words. Go see him.
- September 17 — City and Colour @ 9:30 Club City and Colour is the monicker of Canada’s very own Dallas Green. Dallas is a city, and green is a color. Mind blown? Mine was.
- June 8 — Lissie @ U Hall The folk sounds of Lissie blossomed in full back in 2010, when after releasing her first full length LP she found herself touring Europe with Ellie Goulding. Come see what she has in store for us these days at U-Hall.
+++++ ON SALE FRIDAY @ 10AM +++++
- April 30 — Spirit Animal @ DC9 Agressive, funky, punky, poppy, exciting, evocative. These are all words that do their own little part in describing Spirit Animal’s sound. DC9 at the end of the month will be a great chance to see these guys up close and personal.
- May 7 –Great Divide @ DC9 Chicago natives Great Divide come to DC9 next month touring behind their self titled sophomore LP. Prepare for a whopping, soulful punch to the musical solar plexus.
- May 21 — Caroline Smith & the Good Night Sleeps @ Rock ‘n Roll Hotel If you haven’t heard Caroline Smith’s lyrical, lilting brand of songwriting, first you should check you this quaint video of her playing alone outside of the Louvre, imagine how gut-punching her songs most likely are with a talented group of musicians behind her, then buy tickets to go see her at RnR Hotel next month.
- June 6 — JesseyJoy @ The Fillmore These Mexican siblings are bringing their distinct brand of Baja Freshness to the Fillmore in June. This past December, their muy caliente album ¿Con Quién Se Queda El Perro? received a Grammy nod for best latin pop, if that sweetens the deal.
- June 12 — Killswitch Engage w/ As I Lay Dying @ The Fillmore Whoa? You serious?! BOTH?! Prepare to experience your own funeral and love it.
- June 14 — The Big Damn Blues Revolution Tour ft. Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band @ Rock ‘n Roll Hotel The Big Damn Blues Revolution is an aptly named ensemble, and Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band isn’t exactly a small jazz band if you follow the trend here. It’s going to be BIG, it’s going to be BLUESY, and you are going to ATTEND.
- June 21 — Seth Meyers @ Warner Theatre The face of Weekend Update will be gracing the DMV in June and it’s definitely worth coughing up dough far in advance to see him. My favorite bit: Seth Meyers impersonates Seth Meyers.
- June 22 — Two Gallants @ Rock ‘n Roll Hotel Two Gallants delivers a dynamic, two-pronged sound – one that dances a delicate line somewhere between metal and folk, if I am even allowed to make that kind of assessment. It’s enticing stuff, and absolutely accessible.
- July 12 — Paul McCartney @ Nationals Park If there’s one thing Paul’s proven (aside from the ability to outlive half of his bandmates), it’s that he still puts on a stellar show. Sir Paul is performing one night only and we’re pretty sure this’ll sell out within 48 hours so get ready to click that link at 10:01.
- July 12 — The Specials @ The Fillmore Head to Silver Sprung to check out the specials this summer. It’s going to be special.
- September 11 — Muse and Cage the Elephant @ Verizon Center It’s a double header. Get ’em while they’re hot.