now, nobody loves a shark
(unless it is of the cartoon cuddly shark tale type)
Discovery Channell is devoting the blood sucking puppies a week.
july 30th to 4th
REPLETE with program specials
giant inflatable shark of a building.
so, if in Silver spring -go see it.
we are INSANELY excited about it.
(photo courtesy of Alyssa’s phone, en route to work and always interpid)
and for the rest of you
when in shark infested waters BYT recommends to alway practice safe s.hark swimming and:
8. Don’t enter the water if sharks are present. Leave immediately if sharks are seen.
9. Avoid an uneven tan and brightly colored clothing. Sharks see contrast particularly well, so use extra caution when waters are cloudy.
10. Don’t splash a lot. Also, keep pets out of the water. Erratic movements can attract sharks.
11. Use care near sandbars or steep drop-offs. These are favorite hangouts for sharks.
12. Don’t relax just because porpoises are nearby. Sightings of porpoises do not indicate the absence of sharks. Both often eat the same foods.
13. Don’t try to touch a shark if you see one!
14. If attacked by a shark, the general rule is “Do whatever it takes to get away!” Some people have successfully chosen to be aggressive, others passive. Some yelled underwater, others blew bubbles. I personally would go down fighting.
AND NOW WITH UPDATED PHOTO FOOTAGE
by zeeeee one and only Meg.