Don’t waste this fine afternoon doing nothing. Let Nationals Opening Day help you forget its Monday. Even if you don’t particularly care for baseball, the National’s give you plenty to cheer for. Because going to a baseball game has little to do with actually watching the game, and has everything to do with not being somewhere else. So if you haven’t been to a game in a long time, here’s what you have to look forward to.
- Max Scherzer’s different colored eyes.
- Bryce Harper, the stud.
- A reason to eat hot dogs–way too many hot dogs.
- At the ballpark you can throw shit on the ground with reckless abandon.
- It’s also a great place for an afternoon nap. Much better than napping at a bar.
- There’s the splendor of the racing of the Presidents. Pro Tip: never put your money on Teddy.
- Unlike attending a Redskin’s game, you might even see the team actual win.
- And if you don’t want to spend the ridiculous amount of money it costs for an Opening Day ticket, which are sold-out regeardless. Here’s an excuse to thoroughly enjoy some of the Navy Yard quality happy hours specials.