The best part of going to the RAMMY’s (annual awards for the Restaurant Association for Metropolitan Washington) on Sunday wasn’t all the food, wine or custom cocktails. It wasn’t getting to see all your favorite chefs all dolled up dancing to a cover band singing Black-Eyed Peas Songs, and it wasn’t the large assortment of kilts, long dresses, pinned-up hair and gorgeous men in suits. It was seeing all our favorite BYT write-ups winning awards!
A more complete RAMMY’s write up is coming soon, but in the meantime, check out some of the winners, as we’ve already covered them.
- Bourbon Steak won awards for “Best Restaurant Staffer” Adolfo Cajchon and “Best Manager” Mark Politzer. But back in September, we were loving on their Thursday night Bourbon and Blues events.
- Bibiana’s Chef Nicolas Stefinelli won the award for “Culinary Rising Star.” Bibiana was also a crowd favorite in our end-of-year 2009 Foodie Wrap Up.
- The prize for “Hottest Restaurant Bar Scene” not surprisingly went to Birch & Barley and Churchkey. Did you read Greg Engert’s recent beer diary during Food Month?
- Birch & Barley and Churchkey won the award for “New Restaurant of the Year” – we remember the amazing tasting we got in both locations and the beautiful photos by Dakota.
- PS 7’s Gina Chersevani won the prize for “Best Beverage/Mixology Program” – Danielle could have seen that coming when we covered Gina’s drink program launch at H Street Country Club.
- And you know who won “Chef of the Year?” Scott Drewno from The Source. We were totally just up in his fridge.
More RAMMY’s coverage coming later this week. For now, we need to sleep it off.