If there is one thing we know it is that BYT readers love their free movies. And despite the outdoor movie season being all but over, National Archives is bringing us all a perfect Fall FREE Steven Spielberg mini festival to be jazzed about, in collaboration with DreamWorks studios and to celebrate Spielberg winning the 2013 Records of Achievement Award and the National Archive.
- BAD NEWS: no Indiana Jones, Close Encounters or Jaws
- GOOD NEWS: also no A.I.
- BETTER NEWS: E.T!!!! plus: Saving Private Ryan on the big screen where it deserves to always be.
Presented at the William G. McGowan Theater:
- Saving Private Ryan (1998; rated R) -Friday, November 15, 7 p.m.
- E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial (1982; rated PG) -Saturday, November 16, noon
- Amistad (1997; rated R) – Saturday, November 16, 7 p.m.
- Lincoln (2012; rated PG-13) -Monday, November 18, 7 p.m.
how to get your tickets: Free tickets will be distributed at the Special Events entrance to the National Archives at 7th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW, beginning 60 minutes prior to showtime. Seating is limited and first-come, first-served.