For the second year in a row, the Georgetown Business Improvement District will bring together local artists, Georgetown retailers, and the greater DC community in “Fashion Art Design Georgetown.” The day will be chock full of in-store events, food and drink promotions, art and music performances, and the regional premiere of fashion documentary Advanced Style. Stop by Georgetown on Saturday, October 25, from noon-9 pm. Check out our photos from last year’s event. Here are some of the day’s highlights that you don’t want to miss:
- In-store events from over 50 Georgetown establishments
- 2-6pm: Photobooths and DJs at Cady’s Alley and East Market
- 2-6pm: Street-Style Photoshoot hosted by BYT outside the AMC Loews Theatre (in conjunction with the Advanced Style screening, more of the details on which are below). Our Street Style photographer, Britt Elyse Nelson, will be photographing the best-dressed of Georgetown, check out some more of her work here.
- Special deals and activities at a variety of Georgetown restaurants and bakeries, from Malmaison to ENO Wine Room
- $5 drink specials at Tony & Joe’s and Nick’s Riverside Grill
- Deals at Georgetown Fashion and Art & Design retailers
- Free service on the Northbound Circulator that takes riders up Wisconsin Avenue to check out the Georgetown art galleries on Book Hill
- BOGO cupcakes at Sprinkles
- 2pm: Kelly Towles will live-paint a commissioned mural on the outside of 3000 M Street NW as part of the Georgetown Gonzooglers project
- 6-6:30pm: Grammy-nominated progressive hip-hop artist Christylez Bacon at East Market
- John Thornley (U.S. Royalty) spinning records at Hill & Dale. This record store just opened in February, scope it out with BYT’s first look at the Georgetown establishment.
- 3pm and 6pm: Local premiere of Advanced Style, the celebrated fashion documentary from Lina Plioplyte and Ari Seth Cohen. Tickets are $18, click here to purchase. To get yourself in the mood, check out this interview we did with Ari Seth Cohen: