all photos: Stephanie Breijo + Corey Thompson
It was a very wet and dangerous Tuesday over @ vitaminwater uncapped LIVE, and we mean that in the best way imaginable. We booked 3 local bands to play, and one of them happened to be called SHARK WEEK (playing in between Marian McLaughlin and Rival Skies). Before you knew it, in true “miracles happen here every day” fashion, DISCOVERY Channel was on board for an official SHARK WEEK Happy Hour, we had a video booth in place, shark hats and costumes for everyone and of course Debra Gibson + Lorenzo Lamas fighting sharks on the big screen.
Other things to note:
- BROS (formerly known as BROADS, genre of DJing: Bangers) opened the night for happy hour.
- Marian McLaughlin is an adorable pixie with a guitar, her own private trumpeteer and will still your hear in a minute
- SHARK WEEK plays, just as you’d hope, fun, loose, messy surf pop rock. Expect to see more of them around local venues.
- It was great to see RIVAL SKIES in a room big enough for their sound and for Libby Dorot’s wail. It literally gave me goosebumps.
- Shark week, on Discovery, starts on July 31st. Save the date.
- THE PHOTOS ARE AMAZING, LOOK AT THEM:
- and yes, here is the schedule for the rest of the week @ uncapped LIVE