all photos: Jeff Martin, Dakota Fine, Andres Harris, Jen Cubas
Good morning everyone! As you nurse yourself back to semi-health after everything that happened during Pride weekend, lets kick off our full day of festivities recaps with our official launch event:
The BYGays & Capital Pride present SPANDEX
at the new Wonder Bread Factory
The photos are, as expected, gorgeous, but first, a few thank yous are in order:
- THANK YOU to all of you for coming out (in general AND this Friday)
- THANK YOU to Capital Pride for partnering with us on this kick off event for the 4th year in a row
- THANK YOU to Douglas Development and the DC Preservation Society for allowing us to turn their pretty new space into a sweaty gay crazy house
- THANK YOU to Keith at Mccullough Construction for enthusiastically dealing with constant requests like – can we move this overhead light so we can fit a moonbounce here?
- THANK YOU to our performers: Sharon Needles, Rye Rye, AVAN LAVA, Brett, Glitterlust, Reesa Renee
- THANK YOU to our drag acts: Pu$$y Noir, Peaches, Jezzibell Jaxknife + all our go-go boys
- THANK YOU to our DJs: CTRL, Bil Todd, Tommy Cornelis, & Smudge
- THANK YOU and a big we’re sorry to the always amazing DJ MAJR who flew in to party with us, spent a lot of time on props and costumes, and then ended up getting bumped cause we ran late. Everyone should give him extra kisses this week.
- THANK YOU to our our Bear Cave/Otter Den organizers Charger and David
- THANK YOU to our tireless crew: Jackson Pro Audio, Metropolitan Security Professionals, DC Night Lights, our bar staff, volunteers, interns, etc
- THANK YOU to our food trucks Captain Cookie & The Cajunators
- and, of course, THANK YOU to all our sponsors for ongoing Capital Pride support: Cars2Go, TeaVine, KIND snacks, Red Bull &
Ok, enough, photo time!
by Andres Harris:
snaps by Jen: