Last Saturday we BEAT THE INCREDIBLY REI LIKE CONDITIONS (and a few thunderstorms) for a sweaty, sultry, delicious festival dedicated to all things related to everyone’s favorite cast iron cooking utensil – the SKILLET! Cooking competitions were won, fingers were sliced (CHEFS!), and no one hit anyone else with a skillet (that we know of). Check out ALL THE PHOTOS and remember when re-posting- TAG #BYTHINGS
- Congratulations to our winners! All winners received a deluxe Snow Peak camp kitchen and the pro round raise money for the pro chef’s charity of choice! Amateur round went to Esther Song with her Spicy Rice Cakes and the pro round went to Jesse Miller of Bar Pilar with a delicious soft shell crab dish, Jesse also raised $500 for the Chesapeake Conservancy.
- Thank yous to all our competing amateur and pro chefs as well as our awesome judges- Laura Hayes, Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley (and her adorable dog Lily), and Chef Johnny Spero, who not only shared their expertise and got to taste all the dishes, but also warmly welcomed our special audience guest judges into the fold.
- Thank you to REI and Wunder Garten for being amazing partners as always, we could not have done this (or made the interns wear mini-skillet necklaces) without you.
- Thank yous to our awesome vendors: Urban Stems, Ayoba-Yo, Route 11, Gordy’s Pickle Jar, Berg Bites, Blue Ridge Bucha, Good To-Go, Alpine Aire, Jrink Juicery, CaliBurger, Whole Foods Market, S & S Maple Camp, and Dolci Gelati, for keeping us flower-crowned, hydrated, and (extremely) well fed.
- Than YOU all for attending- twas a great event (and thank you for bringing the dogs, ALL THE DOGS!)
Without further ado here are all the pics! Comment below and we’ll try and get it to you!