All photos: Dakota Fine, Jeff Martin, Chris Chen, Shauna Alexander, Daniela Toleva and Farrah Skeiky
So, as you may know-this past weekend, we partnered with Maison Francaise to bring you 2 nights of great French (and American) music, live art installations, all the feathers we could find in the tri-state area, macarons and duck confit pizzas and more. The weekend was such a ridiculous success that we have not 1 but 2 photo sets coming up your way today in hopes of summing it all up. What you see below is Saturday, and FRIDAY PHOTOS CAN BE FOUND HERE (with the 1000+ photo booth photos going up tomorrow, we promise).
So, before we dive into the photos, which I am sure you are VERY excited to peruse, the usual thank yous. For Friday:
- Thank you to the Embassy of France and La Maison Francaise for partnering with us on this and letting us do everything we did.
- Thank you to all our awesome musical talent on Saturday: Yan Wagner, Housse De Racket, Tomorrow’s World & DJs Chris Nitti and Sean Davidson on the inside stage + Mary Alice Farina and DJs Keenan Orr and Sean Peoples outside-you made every song count.
- Thank you to Alliance Francaise for the short films that played in the
- Thank you to Paul Grelet for the art installations and the live painting
- Thank you to PANDAHEAD mag for creating our magical feather forest (which grew on Saturday)
- Thank you to H&Pizza, Cirque du Cuisine, PAUL Bakery & The Cajunators for the delicious food throughout the event.
- Thank you to ONOMONOMEDIA for being our photobooth always and forever.
- Thank you to Stella Artois for supporting all BYT events this year
- Thank you to Smirnoff for being the official vodka of this event.
- Thank you to our laser guys-you lasered it up real good.
- Thank you to the tireless BYT and Maison Francaise staff for checking everyone efficiently, our bar staff for keeping a drink in everyone’s hand and everyone else in between
- Thank you to our photographers for shooting non stop and all the time. (and if there IS A LOT OF PHOTOS OF THAT TOMORROW’S WORLD DRESS, IT IS BECAUSE IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT)
- and of course – THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING – we have A BUNCH of events coming up: A Zombie Take-Over of H Street THIS THURSDAY, a BYT & Temple of DOOM Halloween Party in DC, a FREAKIN’ Halloween Party in NYC (tell all your friends) + election parties, holiday parties, other parties… and we hope to see you at those.
- (STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/subscribe to DC BEST WEEKEND BETS/NYC BEST WEEKEND BETS)
first up, pro moves by Dakota:
more by Jeff:
and last but certainly not least some by Shauna: