all photos: Nicholas Karlin, Clarissa Villondo, Franz Mahr and Blink OfAnEye
FotoWeek is officially happening. 150+ events and exhibitions, 40+ locations and more. And there was a very sold out, very wonderful opening party to prove the 2015 edition of the festival is alive and fun and beautiful. But before we dive into the photos, a few thank yous:
- To Spain Culture US for partnering us and providing this year’s (AND last year’s) FotoWeek Central Location (2801 16th street NW, where this party happened and which is open to the public every day 10-6pm, with some choice panels in the evenings – come visit)
- Our FotoWeek Central Exhibition partners: Aperture Foundation, WPOW, Spain Culture US, Pulitzer Center and Critical Exposure – make sure to stop by 2801 16th Street NW and check them out – this may be your one chance to see original prints by Sally Mann, Diane Arbus, Hank Willis Thomas, Salgado AND enjoy dancing dogs in one place.
- All the 2015 Competition winners and curators
- ALL THE 2015 FOTOWEEK PARTNERS: the programming this year is truly spectacular (check back in daily with us for TODAY at FotoWeek Features)
- Our sponsors and donors for the opening night event: David & Reva Logan Foundation and Stella Artois & Stella Cidre
- The great DJs: JD Samson and Adrian Loving – you guys were amazing.
- OM DIGITAL for all the photobooths (a separate set on this is coming up)
- KIND BARS for the welcome roses and for snacks all week round. #KindaAwesome
- Del Frisco’s Grille, 100 Montaditos, Takorean, Cava Grill for the food at the opening night. It was SO delicious, you guys ate it at lightning speed.
- All the amazing press people who helped spread the good word about this
- Our staff for crushing through the first weekend without any sleep or rest or anything but adrenaline and a deep desire for this to be great.
- Thank you to Jackson Pro Audio for keeping us in great sound no matter where we are and are lighting crew DC Night Lights for making everything pretty and our No Kings Collective bar staff for keeping a drink in everyone’s hand and everyone else in between.
- Our photo team for documenting all of this (and everything else happening around town)
- And, of course, ALL OF YOU for making your way over to these shows. WE LOVE YOU FOR IT.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram at: @FOTOWEEKDC and use #FotoWeek2015 #FotoDC all week long on Instagram and Twitter (bonus: yes, there is an Instagram printer at FotoWeekCentral).
- Still plenty more foto adventures ahead of us. Check out our full festival preview here and we hope to see you all week long.