NYC’s first true crime festival was a deadly good time. Bringing you Death Becomes Us New York edition, was a dream for our staff and we’re so glad we got to spend a long weekend talking about true crime with the coolest people we’ve ever met (read: our talent, our partners AND you). Whether you missed out (or just want more), the photos below are nothing but magic. Murder-y, noir-y magic. P.S. they are not in show order, but a fun highlight reel because we do want you to scroll through it ALL.
ALSO: Please save the November 8-11 dates for the Death Becomes Us True Crime Festival – D.C. edition – and our D.C. 2019 ALL ACCESS PASSES are on sale RIGHT NOW! (these will go fast, so grab them while you can)
all photos: Nicholas Karlin and Clarissa Villondo of Karlin Villondo Photography (who crushed it)
Dig into the photos below (backstage, sidestage, after-stage and whatnot snaps are included) in no particular order, because it was all a killer good time… But first some quick (ransom) notes:
- Thank you all for coming!!!! You’re all smart and kind and beautiful and we would join your cult any day.
- Thank you to all our amazing talent – you’re all criminally good at what you do: John Douglas, Amanda Knox, Damien Echols (and Lorri Davis!), Dave Hill, Billy Jensen, Paul Holes, Wine & Crime, Joe Berlinger, Jax Miller, Sarah Cailean, Martinis & Murder, Kat Timpf, Lane Moore, Monster and Atlanta Monster Podcasts, Harold Schechter, Cara Robertson, Leah Carroll, Carolyn Murnick, Piper Weiss, Sarah Weinman, Yellow Tape True Crime Trivia – we miss you all already. Read our WHY TRUE CRIME? series with the talent – here.
- Thank you to HLN for being both our biggest supporting sponsor and one of our favorite channels! We can’t wait for ALL OF THESE SHOWS, but especially Sarah and Jax’s Hell in the Heartland, out June 2nd (and Forensic Files – always)
- Thank you to Audible for being a supporting partner and for creating amazing content day in and day out – make sure to download Billy Jensen’s Chase Darkness With Me (out April 11th).
- Thank you to Oxygen for serving up true crime 24/7 and covering the festival and supporting the festival. We have the biggest crush on Martinis & Murder.
- Thank you to Stitcher for being our favorite true crime podcast platform (and other podcasts too) YEAR ROUND.
- Thank you to the Gramercy Theatre and Town Hall and The Strand and Nitehawk and Bar Schimmi for hosting the super bowl of true crime.
- Thank you to our friends at Mixmag for throwing us an opening party (monster) – check out the stream of Jellybean’s set here.
- Thank you to the Freehand for being the perfect place to lay our tired little heads at night and hosting our pop-up shop. And Creepy Crate for our special true crime box.
- Follow us on follow us on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM and use #DeathBecomesUs and #BYThings ALL THE TIME.