Case closed, detective. Death Becomes Us – this country’s first true crime festival – took over the District for one full weekend of madness, mayhem and murder. We laughed with the boys from Last Podcast on the Left: Side Stories, we baked Homicide Hunter a cake, we got down to business with the Murder Squad and we got a little misty eyed with Amanda Knox and Lorena (Bobbitt) Gallo. Plus, everything in between.
It was a great weekend. We’re glad we could spend it with you. Speaking of which: NY 2020 all access passes are on sale now.
photos by: Nicholas Karlin and Clarissa Villondo of Karlin Villondo Photography.
We’ll let you enjoy the (crime scene) photos below (backstage, sidestage and whatnot snaps are included) but first some quick notes:
- Thank you all for coming!
- Thank you to Lisner Auditorium for hosting us and to all our amazing talent! Your work is so important.
- Thank you to HLN for being an amazing presenting partner at the festival and for creating all of the content we love. The HLN lounge was our favorite place to hang out between shows. And we cannot wait for those new episodes of Forensic Files to hit in 2020.
- Thank you to Audible for sponsoring the festival and for being our favorite audio book platform! If you missed their Capturing the DC Sniper show, you messed up. Make sure to order their “Call Me God” audiobook.
- Thank you to Stitcher for being a great sponsor and for being our favorite podcast service! We don’t know what we’d do without you.
- Thank you to Vault Studios for making great true crime podcasts and for setting up that cool podcast pitch zone and for being a wonderful sponsor! Make sure to subscribe to ALL of their podcasts.
- Thank you to Devils Backbone Brewing Company for creating the very first Death Becomes Us beer! Everything you make is delicious and we’ll love you forever. On that note: thank you to Tonic at Quigley’s, District Commons, Bier Baron and Hook Hall for being our official Death Becomes Us bars! Drink that DBU beer while you can, a portion of sales goes to Lorena Gallo’s non-profit.
- Thank you to our incredible festival co-conspirators, Investigation Discovery, National Law Enforcement Museum and Alcatraz East Crime Museum and Politics & Prose.
- And a shout out to Nando’s and KIND for feeding us and talent all weekend long!
- Thank you to The Watergate Hotel for keeping us well rested and sane and for being a real live piece of history!
- Follow us on follow us on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM and use #DeathBecomesUs and #BYThings ALL THE TIME.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you forever.
P.P.S. Bookmark this page: BYT UPCOMING EVENTS for all upcoming events.