photos by: Dakota Fine, Jeff Martin, Stephanie Breijo and Ben Droz.
video by: Alex Lee
So, as you may know-this past weekend, prior to the frankenstorm/sandy warnings and a possibility that Halloween proper may be dead (though we hope not-since we HAVE THIS AWESOME HALLOWEEN EVENT PLANNED FOR YOU IN NEW YORK) we threw a pretty epic BYT & TEMPLE OF DOOM party (decoder rings and all) for DC’s pre-Halloween. 1500 of you showed up, 1499 of you were in costume, only about a 1000 of that were PSYs and Honey Boo-Boos and it was truly a swell affair.http://vimeo.com/52346940
So, before we dive into the photos, which I am sure you are VERY excited to peruse, the usual thank yous. For Friday:
- Thank you to the Sphinx Club for letting us do everything we did.
- Thank you to all our awesome DJs and performaers: Sinister Sound Set, Nouveau Riche, EPIC WIN BURLESQUE, Hypnotist show with Matt Davis AND, of course, the scareaoke master Andrew Herndon
- Thank you to PANDAHEAD mag for cobwebbing that whole place up in style
- Thank you to ONOMONOMEDIA for being our photobooth always and forever. (photobooth photos coming soon)
- Hallow Inc. for those swell zombie make-overs
- Thank you to Red Bull for giving us all wings that night
- Thank you to Stella Artois for supporting all BYT events this year
- Thank you to Smirnoff for being the official vodka of this event.
- Thank you to KIND Bars for providing the healthy treating opportunity.
- Thank you to our laser guys-you lasered it up real good.
- Thank you to the tireless BYT staff for checking everyone efficiently, our bar staff for keeping a drink in everyone’s hand and everyone else in between
- Thank you to our photographers for shooting non stop and all the time.
- and of course – THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING – we have A BUNCH of events coming up:
- a FREAKIN’ Halloween Party in NYC (tell all your friends) +
- OUR ELECTION NIGHT SPECTACULAR
- + holiday parties, other parties… and we hope to see you at those.
- (STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/subscribe to DC BEST WEEKEND BETS/NYC BEST WEEKEND BETS)
more snaps by Ben:
performances and costumes by Stephanie: