all photos: Jeff Martin, Franz Mahr and Sarah Gerrity
WELL THAT HAPPENED! The first ever National Archives After Hours was a massive success as the photos below will show. Please check them ALL OUT (and check back in later for photobooth photos AND RECIPES of all the cocktails we had) but before that some serious thank yous are in order:
- Thank you to the National Archives Foundation team for inviting us to throw this event with them (Spirited Republic exhibit is open through January 10th, 2016 – visit it often for free!)
- Thank you to Tanqueray and Heineken and Budweiser for supporting this event
- Thank you to all the great bars who partnered with us on this and created specialty classic inspired cocktails for the evening. You guys should drink at these ALL THE TIME: Mockingbird Hill + The Partisan + PX + Bourbon Steak + 2 Birds 1 Stone + barmini by Jose Andres + Daikaya + Jack Rose + Founding Farmers (there will be a separate cocktail recipe post on the site – so you CAN try to make these at home)
- Thank you to Maketto + Del Frisco’s Double Eagle + Pinea + Uprising Muffins for providing the amazing food for the evening
- Thank you to all our DJs-you guys were great: Ian Svenonius, Smudge and Adrian Loving
- Thank you to all the amazing talks and to Brandon Wetherbee for hosting the auditorium evening with: Derek Brown + Duane Sylvestre + Garrett Peck + Pamela Wiznitzer + Brian Abrams + Daniel Knox + Jonny Grave. BONUS: the Spirited Republic Symposium Series, curated by Derek Brown is happening ALL YEAR LONG, so get your cocktail nerd on every month in 2015.
- Thank you to the Haiku Guys for Haikuing it up.
- Thank you to Andrew Bucket for sort of keeping that National Treasure comedy commentary panel in check.
- Thank you to Onomonomedia for being THE BEST PHOTOBOOTH IN THE WORLD (photobooth post is incoming too)
- Thank you to Jackson Pro Audio for keeping us in great sound no matter where we are and are lighting crew DC Night Lights for making everything pretty.
- Thank you to the tireless BYT and National Archives staff for working their cute butts off on this, our No Kings Collective bar staff for keeping a drink in everyone’s hand and everyone else in between
- Thank you to our photographers for shooting non stop and all the time.
- Thank you ALL for coming in your Saturday’s best and being on top of your Saturday’s best game-we hope to see you all again soon
- (STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/subscribe to DC BEST WEEKEND BETS/NYC BEST WEEKEND BETS)
IMPORTANT PERK BONUS:
- Up to six totally free private events at the Archives every year
- Advance notice on tickets for events like the BYT party. Be the first to know about the next one!
- Discounts on ticketed tasting events
- And much more!