Before we DIVE into the photos below (ONOMONOMEDIA photobooth gifs are coming, we promise!), we wanted to just give some basic thanks to everyone involved in making this past Friday as magical as it truly was:
- Thank you to the National Geographic team for inviting BYT to throw this event with them for the 4th time (!!!) and letting us use their awesome Museum and Nat Geo Live! spaces as well as that magical courtyard of theirs.
- Thank you to Solidisco and Axel F , Smudge and Jonny Grave for the hot jamz (and Cale’s Ipod, always)
- Thank you to all our Nat Geo Explorers: Alize Carrere, Jonathan Mehring, Anand Varma, Patrick Meier, Erin Spencer and Annie Fitzsimmons for making us smarter and cooler by osmosis
- Thank you to Rerun, Bill Burr, Church Night, Russell Brand, Indiana Jones IV, Joan Rivers and Professor Helvetica for stopping by for the late-night Roast of Indiana Jones.
- Thank you to our beer sponsor Dos Equis and Liquor Sponsors Absolut Elyx, Barrelhound Whisky (cocktail recipes below), Plymouth Gin and El Dorado Rum
- Thank you to George Lucas and Steven Spielberg for Indiana Jones (bonus: if you can’t get enough of Nat Geo Indiana Jones events – they’re hosting an Indy happy hour + movie screening on July 8th too)
- Thank you to all the tireless staff, photographers, bartenders, DC Night Lights, Tim Jackson Pro Audio, MSP security team, face painters, Gorilla Fist silk-screeners, drone experts, balloon artists, caricaturists, mechanical shark operators, stilt walkers, etc for working their cute butts off on this
- Thank you ALL for coming in your Friday’s best and being on top of your Friday’s best game -we hope to see you all again soon
- #NatGeoBYT 4ever.
Cocktail spotlight: Absolut Elyx tours Brazil
- Absolut Elyx
- Vanilla Syrup
- Cashew Agave
- Coconut soda
- and epazote for garnish
Cocktail spotlight: The Treasure Hound
- 1.5 oz Barrelhound Whisky (bonus: currently availble ONLY in DC & Brooklyn)
- .75 oz Peach Juice
- .5 oz mint syrup
- 2 dash orange bitters
- 1.5 oz Sparkling wine
- garnish: lemon verbena