all photos: Jeff Martin, Ike Hayman, Clarissa Villondo, Nicholas Karlin, Katherine Gaines and Michael Foster
We are still nursing a collective hangover from Friday night, but as always, it was 100% worth it. You all partied so hard we’re pretty sure we slipped into some sort of alternate dimension and both our minds and bodies will never be the same. Our photo team took some truly amazing photos (I mean, when do they not?), but before we dive in, a few thank yous are in order:
- THANK YOU to all of you for coming out (in general AND this Friday)
- THANK YOU to Capital Pride for partnering with us on this kick off event for the 9th year in a row AND to all Pride volunteers for helping with this.
- THANK YOU to Ivy City + Douglas Development for letting us turn one of their warehouses into a fake venue we called the Rainbow Warehouse. We’d party in that deeply haunted space any day.
- THANK YOU to our performers: Tiffany, Ultra Naté and CupcakKe.
- THANK YOU to our varied and lovely entertainment: Marquis Clanton, Pu$$y Noir, Jaxknife Collective and Salvadora Dali.
- THANK YOU to our magical DJs: DJ Will Eastman, DJ Lemz and DJ Rosie
- THANK YOU to OMDigital and Urban Stems for that amazing photobooth activation
- THANK YOU to Bell Visuals for the projections.
- THANK YOU to our tireless crew: Jackson Pro Audio, No Kings Collective, Metropolitan Security Professionals, DC Night Lights, photographers, volunteers, interns, etc
- THANK YOU to Pepe and Westray’s for keeping us full and happy.
- and, of course, THANK YOU to all our sponsors for Capital Pride support: Heineken Light, Absolut, Tequila Avion, LYFT and Barefoot Wine.
- STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/instagram For maximum love post these photos with #BYThings #BYTPride
- Also! Please take our survey! In order to plan parties you guys like we need to know what kind of parties you guys like.
OUR UPCOMING MUSEUM AFTER HOURS EVENTS:
- Join us THIS FRIDAY at National Geographic for our super sweet after hours takeover! It’s hands down one of the best parties of the summer and we always sell out so grab your tickets now or feel like an idiot forever.
- Come to our pre-July 4th party at the National Museum of American History. Tickets are on sale now (and going fast). It’s before your 4th of July party, but it’s going to be better than your 4th of July party.