all photos: Franz Mahr, Ike Hayman, Clarissa Villondo, Nicholas Karlin & Katherine Gaines
While this past weekend will likely be remembered more for sadness and violence rather than joy, nationwide, the HEX kick off to Capital Pride was an evening filled with love and magic (and Harry Potter costumes). Our photo team took some truly amazing photos but before we dive in, a few thank yous are in order:
- THANK YOU to all of you for coming out (in general AND this Friday)
- THANK YOU to Capital Pride for partnering with us on this kick off event for the 7th year in a row
- THANK YOU to Dock 5 / Union Market for allowing us to turn their event space into the best gay club in D.C. for one night
- THANK YOU to our performers: Chi Chi DeVayne, Thorgy Thor, Pepper Mashay, and Mundy
- THANK YOU to our drag acts: Team Peaches, Pu$$y Noir, Queen Nefertittie, Jezzibell Jaxknife, Salvadora Dali, Cis Jenner, Pulp Friction, Abbi Kadabra + all our wonderful Hairy Otter Go-Go Squad
- THANK YOU to our magical DJs: DJ Grind, DJ Nick Ayler, Lisa Moody
- THANK YOU to our tireless crew: Onomonomedia, Jackson Pro Audio, No Kings Collective, Metropolitan Security Professionals, DC Night Lights, photographers, volunteers, interns, etc
- THANK YOU to all of our lovely food trucks that kept us full and happy, Cajunators, Ball or Nothing, Pepe, Pho Wheels
- and, of course, THANK YOU to all our sponsors for Capital Pride support: Heineken Light, Absolut, LYFT, Barefoot Wine, AirBnB, & CDC‘s Start Talking, Stop HIV campaign which you can learn more about here.
- STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/instagram For maximum love post these photos with #BYThings #MakeMagicHappen #BYTPride
OUR NEXT MUSEUM AFTER HOURS EVENT:
- Join us THIS SATURDAY at the National Museum of American History for We The Party People. Tickets are on sale now (and going fast), should be an amazing time. I mean, what other time will you actually get to dance right next to Prince’s guitar?