all photos: Jeff Martin, Franz Mahr, Nicholas Karlin and Clarissa Villondo
You all killed it in your glammed out disco gear this weekend (we honestly can not stop thinking about some of your outfits). We know you want to dive right into the photos and revel in the throwback fabulousness that was this weekend, but first we want to send some very important THANK YOUS:
- Thank you to all of you for choosing to spend your incredibly busy weekend dancing in the best library in the world. We couldn’t do this without you guys. Really.
- Thank you to the Library of Congress and The Recording Academy teams for partnering with us (and allowing us to throw a disco inferno in your historic space).
- Thanks to Gloria Gaynor for inspiring us to survive every single day (but especially that post-Saturday hangover).
- Thank you to DJ’s Mike Simonetti and Adrian Loving, you guys were just great as we anticipated.
- Thank you to Silent Dance Society for keeping the reading room MOVING.
- Thank you to SKYY Vodka and Denizens Brewing Co. and for keeping us filled with delicious cocktails and local beer, which gave us the courage to try out all those old school disco moves on the dance floor.
- Thank you to OM Digital for being THE BEST PHOTO BOOTH IN THE WORLD (as always). How great were those #360Orbit moments
- Thank you to Jackson Pro Audio for keeping us in great sound no matter where we are and are lighting crew DC Night Lights for making everything pretty.
- Thank you to the tireless BYT and LoC staff for working their cute butts off on this, our bar staff for keeping a drink in everyone’s hand and everyone else in between.
- Thank you to our photographers for shooting non stop and all the time.
- Lots of great events and stories and more coming up, with out next museum After Hours being at Nat Geo on June 16th. STAY in the LOOP: follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Plus check out: #LCDisco, #BYThings on social media channels to join in the conversation