all photos: Shauna Alexander & Morgan H. West
As we mentioned yesterday in our WHO WON THE RAMMYS THIS YEAR report, this year’s award evening was a lovely occasion. But, a definite highlight, on top of the celebrating the very best in DC dining was, naturally, just all the pageantry and personal style (and of course the prom level of dancing that happens after all is said and done). So, we are dedicating a full other photo set to that.
From the always amazingly dressed men of Saint-Ex, Bar Pilar and The Gibson, to some serious dresses made for twirling, to the cocktail that stole all of our hearts that night (the Susan Lucci, by Bourbon Steak), it is all here, photogenic and instagrammable as all hell.
plus, before we dive in here is the list of winners yet again, because why not, they deserve all the mentions we can give them… CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN.
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Fiola
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Ripple
- Everyday Casual Restaurant of the Year: Toki Underground
- New Restaurant of the Year: The Red Hen
- Chef of the Year: Haidar Karoum, Doi Moi, Estadio, Proof
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: Michael Friedman, The Red Hen
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Caitlin Dysart, 2941 Restaurant
- Wine Program of the Year: Ripple
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- Beer Program of the Year: Birch and Barley / ChurchKey
- Service Program of the Year: Blue Duck Tavern
- Restaurateur of the Year: Michael Babin, Neighborhood Restaurant Group
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Red Apron Butcher
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year: Hank’s Oyster Bar – Dupont Circle
- Upscale Casual Brunch: Mintwood Place
- Everyday Casual Brunch: Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
- Favorite Fast Bites: Amsterdam Falafelshop
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: ProFish, Ltd.
- Employee of the Year: Stelios Alexandris, 1789 Restaurant
- Manager of the Year: Boo Young Kim, District Commons
photos by Morgan:
photos by Shauna: