Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- One of our favorite annual food events kicks off tonight. Oyamel’s Day of the Dead celebrations begin with their kick-off party. We have a code, BYTDOTD, that will get you 10% off tickets.
- We recommend checking out Mason Bates’s KC Jukebox: Mercury Soul at the Kennedy Center.
- Comedian, co-host of 2 Dope Queens and host of Sooo Many White Guys podcast, Phoebe Robinson is doing a reading for her new book You Can’t Touch My Hair at Busboys and Poets 14th & V. She’s the coolest, go see her.
- At 6 p.m. artist Bill Warrell will discuss will discuss the interplay of politics and the human body in his work at the Capital Fringe hosted event, A Body Politic
- Halloween themed trivia at H Street Country Club. You get bonus points on your scorecard for wearing your costume so stop wasting time and start cutting holes in your sheets!
- LANY is playing the 9:30 Club with Transviolet. Come back later today for our interview with LANY.
If you’re not feeling any of these or want to feel super autonomous check out our AGENDA and make your own life choices (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)