Oh wow, more snow! What a blessing! I’m obviously being sarcastic! But on the plus side, it’s pretty much the weekend! There’s a lot happening the next few days that RULES, like a feminist zine festival, multiple instances of Mrs. Doubtfire (GIF theme, DUH!), occult markets, panel discussions about Britney Spears, yoga with cats, puppies in windows and more! Before we jump into all the details, let’s quickly talk about some rad stuff you might’ve missed on BYT this week:
- I had a little Q+A w/ BAUM, and she thinks we should all eat whatever the fuck we want.
- I also told you which bands have the best merch that will be rolling through town this month!
- Meanwhile, Jose Lopez-Sanchez had a chat to Porches about ALL OF THE THINGS!
- We talked about Puerto Rico relief efforts w/ our very own beloved Josh Phelps on BYT Radio!
- We interviewed the National Cannabis Festival founder, which was HIGHLY INTERESTING PUN INTENDED LOL.
- And we went inside artist Rose Jaffe’s studio, and it was amazing!
THURSDAY, MARCH 22
- Kick things off at Park Church Co-op, where Holly Miranda’s got a $15 release gig!
- You can also head to Bowery Ballroom, where Coast Modern will play an $18 show tonight!
- Meanwhile, Son Lux will be at Brooklyn Steel for $20…
- …and Glasser’s at Merkin Concert Hall for $20-$25!
- More into Lucius? Get to Town Hall for a $39+ show!
- You can also head down the path of movies, ’cause The 400 Blows is screening at Videology for $12…
- …or if Truffaut’s too highbrow for ya, just go for Dirty Dancing Entirely From Memory! Tickets are $10.
- Just wanna do yoga with cats? Hit up Meow Parlour for the $22 night of your dreams!
FRIDAY, MARCH 23
- For starters, Saks is putting a fuck ton of cute puppies in their windows today, so if you can stomach a trip to that part of ye olde Manhattan planet, the payoff sounds pretty big!
- After work hours, head to the Bell House for tonight’s round of A Drinking Game NYC, which is Mrs. Doubtfire-themed! Tickets are $15 each.
- (You should also stick around for a free 80s dance party after that because DUH!)
- SPEAKING of dancing, Horse Meat Disco will be at Output for $35-$40!
- And if you like a side of body painting with your dance parties, get to Lot 45 with $25!
- More into movies? Catch a $4 midnight screening of 10 Things I Hate About You at Syndicated!
- Or be a TRUE American Teen Princess and get to Videology for a $15 midnight drinking game screening of Drop Dead Gorgeous!
- You can also always just hit up Catland for Venefica Magazine’s witchy launch party!
SATURDAY, MARCH 24
- First, get your face to the March For Our Lives! Details on what you need to know here.
- Later, clearly head to the THNK1994 Museum (you know, the Tonya Harding Nancy Kerrigan Museum) for a $6 panel discussion on Britney Spears!
- And if you fuckin’ love all things Buffalo, get to the Bell House for a day of wings, Labatt, pierogis, garbage plates ‘n more! Tickets are $10 each.
- Or if you love all things occult, swing by Catland for a new Zodiac Market! All sorts of rad vendors, noon until 6pm.
- Meanwhile, MoMA PS1 is hosting Come Together: Music Festival and Label Market from noon until nine! Workshops, music, merch ‘n more for $10-$15 a ticket.
- In terms of comedy, head to Union Hall for Oh, Such A Good Show, Oh! ft. Aparna Nancherla, Ethan Beach, Josh Nasser and more! Tickets are just $8-$10 each.
- (You should also stick around for 90’s Pop Sing-Along afterwards! Tickets to that will run you an additional $10.)
- Speaking of tunes, High Waisted, Bodega and Eliot and the Ghost play Baby’s All Right tonight for $10…
- …and Porches will be at Bowery Ballroom for $20…
- …AND Elohim will be at Rough Trade for $20, too!
- More into Turnover? Head to Warsaw for a $22 show ft. support from Summer Salt and pronoun!
- Plus dance your face off late night w/ Ellen Allien and more for $15-$25 at Elsewhere!
- You can ALSO scrape together about $8 to head to the latest Feeling Gloomy at Brooklyn Bazaar…
- …or if you’re poor to dance at any price point, hit up the Knitting Factory before midnight to dance to disco punk of the early 2000s for free!
- If movies are more your jam, head to Videology for a $25 screening of Zoolander ft. bonus boozy orange mocha frappuccino!
- (You can also stay for a $15 midnight drinking game screening of Josie and the Pussycats!)
SUNDAY, MARCH 25
- First, oh my god, obviously go watch an 11am screening of Mrs. Doubtfire at the Film Forum!
- You should also definitely make the trek out to Barnard for the NYC Feminist Zinefest that’s happening today fo’ FREE!
- Just super hungry? There’s a food truck festival happening at Grand Army Plaza from 10am until 5:30pm!
- Or if you’re super hungry and super THIRSTY, go to Nitehawk to eat brunch while watching Magic Mike!
- My top comedy pick for tonight goes to Union Hall, where Roast of the Vegetables will feature Mitra Jouhari, Tommy McNamara and more of our favorite funny people! Tickets are $8-$10 a pop.
- Although a close second falls to UCB East, where Corinne Fisher and Myq Kaplan are part of tonight’s If You Build It lineup! Tickets are $9.
- And my top tunes pick for tonight goes to Elsewhere, where Porches and Okay Kaya have a $20 show!
- Just wanna dance? Get to Nitecap for a disco party to benefit cats!
- Or if none of that appeals, just get to Videology for a free round of It’s Always Sunny trivia!