HAPPY PRIDE WEEKEND, Y’ALL! I kicked things off in style by getting an exciting bout of food poisoning last night! My stomach is empty but my heart is v. full, and now I’m ready to embark upon a full weekend of les bon temps! I’m about to tell you what you should get up to (even you straights!) over the next few days (including tons of dance parties, an opportunity to get married inside of the Sonos store, a screening of But I’m A Cheerleader and more) BUT FIRST, here’s some GR8 stuff you might’ve missed on BYT this week:
- I told you about all the Pride parties ‘n events I’m hype on! I’ll tell you about them again below, but if you wanna cut to the chase on that, head here.
- Matt Strickland of District Distilling Co. told us how to level up our liquor shelf.
- I gave you my first 2018 World Cupdate because I am v. obsessed.
- I also saw Hayley Kiyoko at Bowery Ballroom and it was a v. gay time!
- And Phil Runco interviewed Hot Chip’s Alexis Taylor about all of the things!
THURSDAY, JUNE 21
- Tunes-wise, San Fermin and The Weather Station will play Red Hook’s Coffey Park fo’ FREE!
- You can ALSO catch Aimee Mann, Superchunk and Jonathan Coulton at Prospect Park Bandshell for free!
- AND to wrap up the free tunes trifecta, JD Samson will be at Union Pool for a new round of PAT! Go dance your face off in honor of Pride!
- You can also hit up Brooklyn Bowl for New York Public Radio Live ft. Grizzly Bear and more! Tickets are $75+.
- Just wanna d-d-d-d-dance? Duke Dumont and David Paglia will be at Output for $30!
- PLUS there is the glitteriest of glitter parties happening at House of Yes tonight for $0-$15!
- But will someone for the love of god please take me to see Harry Styles at MSG for $39+?
- Hungry? Queer? Go eat some BBQ in honor of Pride! Tickets are $80 for Savor Pride at GLWD.
- Or if you just wanna watch a movie, obviously catch But I’m A Cheerleader at Videology for $12. WHAT A GOOD GAY SCRIPT!
- For comedy vibes, swing by Industry City for an evening w/ Sasheer Zamata, Anna Drezen and more! Tickets are $15 a pop.
- AND it’s a new round of Who? Weekly at the Bell House! Tickets to that are ALSO $15.
FRIDAY, JUNE 22
- My top pick in terms of tunes tonight is LADYLAND, which is presented by Ladyfag and is happening at Brooklyn Mirage, and will feature everyone from King Princess to 070 Shake to SOFIE! Tickets are $55+.
- For more dance vibes, head to Good Room to chill w/ Lauren Flax, Katie Rex and more! Tickets are $10-$15 each.
- Or for less specifically queer dance vibes, head to BK Steel for Emo Nite LA ($20+) and/or the Knitting Factory for Take Me Out: 2000s Disco Punk Nite (free before midnight)!
- You can also scope The Dirty Nil and High Waisted at Berlin for just $10!
- OR if you’ve got $35+, you might consider catching Azealia Banks over at Sony Hall.
- Back to Pride vibes! If cosplay is your scene, get on this $35 cruise!
- If you want to hang out w/ lots of queer women, meanwhile, you can hit up Hot & Bothered at Cielo! Tickets are $20.
- Or if you’re just super into leather, head to Fantasy at Slate NY! Tickets are $40.
- Just wanna LOL instead? Get to Union Hall for Tommy McNamara’s Summer Beach B2sh ft. Emmy Blotnick and more! Tickets are $7-$10. PLUS Shit Arcade is happening after that ft. Jo Firestone, Mike Drucker…the list goes on and on, and tickets are $10.
SATURDAY, JUNE 23
- First up, it’s the Dyke March! Head to Bryant Park for a swift kickoff at 5pm.
- After that, head to Hot Rabbit’s official Dyke March after-party at Lot 45! Tickets are $15+.
- PLUS Watermark Bar will host a lady-heavy Pride party tonight, and tickets are going for $35+ each.
- Feel like getting married on Pride weekend? Sonos will have officiants at the ready today!
- Plus it’s Pride Island! Catch Tove Lo, Lizzo, Sasha Velour and more at Pier 97 for $75+.
- Elsewhere, meanwhile, is hosting a FIFTEEN HOUR LONG Pride dance party for $40+!
- Or if an art party is more your scene, BAM has you covered w/ Everybooty 2018! Tickets are $30.
- In non-Pride news, Videology is hosting a $25 screening of Back To The Future ft. bonus boozy chocolate milkshake!
- AND Nitehawk is screening Now & Then at brunch! (Kind of gay when you think about it!)
- If you wanna learn about DJing and production, hit up the Ghostly Knowledge Share that’s happening at House of Vans! Free w/ RSVP, and featuring workshops and talks by Matthew Dear, Michna, Lauren Flax and more!
- Plus learn about production in the sampling era with Baths and Autre Ne Veut at Splice! Also free!
- Or if you just wanna listen to tunes for free, get to Prospect Park for a free show from Fischerspooner, Juliana Huxtable and Xeno & Oaklander!
- Meanwhile, it’s Punk Island 2018 at Randall’s Island! Also free!
SUNDAY, JUNE 24
- For starters, PRIDE MARCH, DUH!
- After that, kick back w/ the legendary Giorgio Moroder, JD Samson and more at I Feel Pride, which is happening at LPR! Tickets are $55+.
- Hudson Terrace is also hosting a queer female driven party for $30+…
- …but you’re always more than welcome to come back to BK for Bad Behavior at House of Yes! Tickets to that queer dance party are $0-$15.
- Plus C’mon Everybody is hosting Love Wins, a queer dance party that’ll run you just $5-$8.
- Big fan of OK Computer? National Sawdust will host a listening party today for free! Seating is limited, though, so get there early.
- Speaking of free things, you can allegedly RSVP to catch Florence + The Machine at a secret location tonight! You DO have to have a Spotify Premium account to sign up, but if you’ve got one already it’s worth a shot at getting on the list!
- Or if you don’t mind a trip out to Montauk, Surf Lodge will host a free set from Bob Moses!
- Just love Dr. Who and want everyone to know? Head to Videology for a free trivia night!