Hello and welcome back to my channel! (Oh my god can you IMAGINE if I had a YouTube channel? SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON AND SUBSCRIBE LOL!) Anyway, this is not a YouTube channel, but we ARE BACK at the w-w-w-w-weekend, and I am here to tell you about all the great stuff there is to do now that it’s not -800 degrees outside! Whether it’s getting caught up with the cast of Good Girls (our GIF theme, obviously), hanging out w/ Countess LuAnn, swinging by the New York Times Travel Show or ANYTHING IN BETWEEN, your options are plentiful! Before we discuss all of them, here’s some rad #CONTENT you might’ve missed on BYT this week while you were trying not to explode into a ball of rage flames due to the daily nightmare that is living in America!
- I think Tidying Up w/ Marie Kondo fucking sucks! Here is me telling you all about that!
- I went down to DC and was on BYT Radio! A fun drinking game is drinking every time I say the word “like” on air! (You will get v. intox!)
- Australia Day is on Saturday! Here’s where to fill your heart (and stomach) with Vegemite, kangaroo and everything in between!
- Can You Ever Forgive Me is up for a few Oscar nominations! I do not think it will win any of them! But Julius, NYC’s oldest continuously operating gay bar, would certainly sweep the Best Watering Hole category if that existed!
- Speaking of which, here’s our official, totally indisputable guide to the 2019 Oscar nominations!
- Here is Brandon Wetherbee answering the one big question that neither Fyre Fest documentary answers!
- Here is your week in true crime!
- And here are our photos from the Women’s March processions in DC and NYC!
Thursday, January 24
- For starters, you can hang out w/ Christina Hendricks, Retta and Mae Whitman at 92Y tonight! They’ll be discussing Good Girls (and yes, there’ll be a screening) for $40.
- You can also chill w/ Countess LuAnn (AND FRIENDS) at Gramercy Theatre for $100+!
- Shifting into tunes territory, my top pick goes to a Beverly show that’s happening at City Winery’s Loft! Tickets are $15 each.
- You can ALSO catch Bailen at Bowery Ballroom for $18…
- …plus Boyfriend’s at Rough Trade for $12!
- More into d-d-d-d-dancin’? Get to Elsewhere for a FREE evening w/ the one and only Juan Maclean! (Be sure to RSVP!)
- Just wanna learn? It’s a new round of Why Your Train Is F*cked at Caveat tonight, and the topic of discussion is The L Train Sabbatical! Tickets are $15-$20 each.
- (You can also stick around for RISK! w/ Kevin Allison! Tickets to that will run you $15 each.)
- Or maybe DRUNK SCIENCE is more your vibe, in which case get to Littlefield for the latest edition of that! Tonight’s theme is America’s favorite pastime, aka VOLCANOES, and tickets are $8 a pop.
Friday, January 25
- In terms of comedy, get to Union Hall for a new round of Decolonize Your Mind w/ Larry Owens, Karen Chee, Hari Kondabolu, Lorelei Ramirez and more! Tickets are $8-$10 each.
- (Plus stick around for See You In Hell w/ Doug Smith, Sydnee Washington and more after that! Tickets are another $8-$10.)
- Meanwhile, it’s ANYBODY: An Improvised Historical Hip-Hopera with North Coast over at Caveat! Tickets will run you $15-$20 each.
- You can also swing by the Bell House for an evening with the Lucas Brothers! Tickets are $25 a pop.
- (Just wanna d-d-d-d-dance for f-f-f-f-free? Stick around for this month’s edition of Tainted Love!)
- Or if you’re willing to invest a few bones in exchange for danceable grooves, then head to C’mon Everybody to catch Midnight Magic for $10!
- And now that we’re in tunes land, let’s talk about how you can pop over to Elsewhere for Sedona’s video release show! Tickets are $10-$12.
- You should also for SURE check out Petal, Sir Babygirl and Cave People at Rough Trade for $15-$18!
Saturday, January 26
- Think you’ll be up early enough to catch a 10:45am screening of Girlfight at Nitehawk Williamsburg? Well you’ll be extra-rewarded, then, ’cause Karyn Kusama will be there in person for a bonus Q+A!
- Or just spend your day at Industry City, where the Best of Brooklyn Festival is taking place! Food! Beer! Music! More! Tickets are $19+.
- Hate beer and/or Brooklyn? Take refuge at the New York Wine Fest at the Altman Building instead! Tickets are $15+.
- For comedy vibes, hit up the Bell House for Josh Gondelman’s Touch the Moon Tour! Tickets are $10-$12 each.
- Or if you wanna roast the hell outta history (there’s a lot of material to be covered there) instead, then get to Caveat to watch comedians do exactly that! Tickets are $10-$12 each.
- But maybe you’re more concerned with whether or not you’ll be able to glide around a roller disco, in which case get to House of Yes tonight! Tickets are $10-$20.
- My top pick for tunes tonight goes to Brooklyn Steel, where Rubblebucket and Diet Cig will be playing a $20-$25 show!
- HOWEVER, let it be noted that Saint Vitus is hosting a FREE (w/ RSVP ’til midnight) new wave dance party, too!
Sunday, January 27
- Up for a trip out to Asbury Park today? Well YOU’RE IN LUCK, ’cause it’s BEERFEST 2019! Tickets are $40-$45 each.
- Or keep it slightly more local at the always-fun New York Times Travel Show! Day passes are $20 each.
- For LOLs, make a beeline for one of two seatings of Shalewa Sharpe Hits Record at Union Hall! Tickets are $8-$10 a pop.
- It’s also the launch of the Let’s Get Civical Podcast at Caveat! Tickets are $10-$15 each.
- If film is more your jam, then hit up Syndicated for a free SAG Awards viewing party! (Plus Bridesmaids is screening for just $7 at 9pm!)
- Not into that? You can also start your day off at le cinema thanks to Nitehawk Williamsburg’s brunch screening of Aeon Flux!
- OR go a little later and way way WAY old school w/ a screening of Gone With The Wind at Metrograph at 5:30pm!
- Or if you’re more into tunes, then get to Coney Island Baby for a Pancakes and Whiskey showcase ft. Arthur Moon, Moon Gel and Adios Ghost! Tickets are only $8 each.
- Just wanna cut a rug? In public? Silently? Well, Bryant Park and Southwest Airlines have you COVERED w/ their free FrostFest Silent Disco!