Well hello and good weekend, sirs! We’ve got a lot coming up the next few days, BUT the BEST thing is that we’re co-presenting a new round of One Step Beyond parties at the American Museum of Natural History starting TOMORROW, aka FRIDAY! Please feel free to drop on by and hang out with us in outer space, yeah? (It’ll be just like Gravity, only minus the fear and plus booze ‘n amazing tunes from Body & SOUL NYC with Francois K, Danny Krivit and Joaquin Claussell!) Now let’s talk about all of our options while watching like eight hundred GIFs of Sandra Bullock hurtling through the galaxy:
- Then musically, we can kick tonight off on a super budget (the weekend IS coming, after all…) over at Mercury Lounge, where $12 will get us in to see Wet play a show.
- SPEAKING of Mercury Lounge, we can stick around to catch another excellent show from MINKS! Again, $12 is the magic number to gain entry.
- Meanwhile, if you’re looking for something even MORE budget (and/or in Brooklyn), you’ll be glad to know that High Highs are playing an $8 at Cameo Gallery, too.
- PERSONALLY I vote we pop on over to 285 Kent this evening, ’cause Chrome Sparks AND Infinity Shred are playing a $10 show tonight, which is super reasonable and likely to be super worth it.
- However, there’s a chance you’re not into that, in which case you should reallocate that $10 to catching Computer Magic over at Baby’s All Right.
- PLUS MOSCOT will play host to doNYC’s presentation of a Nicole Atkins show, which will (most importantly) feature FREE BEER! (With all the money you save on booze, you can take advantage of 20% off all MOSCOT glasses, y’all.)
- With all that bonus liquid courage, we can for sure head over to the latest edition of The Moth Storyslam! (Just make sure you’ve got a good story to tell in case you get picked from the crowd.) Tickets are $8.
- OR maybe you’d just like to LOL a bunch, in which case Caroline’s On Broadway is definitely your spot; Judah Friedlander will be in-house for a weekend-long residency.
- So obviously the first thing we need to talk about is how we’ll all be hanging out, boozin’ and dancin’ together in semi-space at the AMNH for One Step Beyond. Grab tickets early, ’cause the price rises from $25 to $30 day of show.
- Then, as per usual heading to Pacha on a Friday will require a certain level of inner determination, BUT if we can stomach it, it’s free entry before midnight AND free drinks for two hours beginning at ten.
- Meanwhile, in what is kind of the opposite of that last thing, there’s ALSO a round of Doctor Who trivia happening over at powerHouse Arena! Rejoice!
- In terms of shows, let’s make a beeline for Glasslands tonight; Royal Bangs are playing a show with Not Blood Paint and Miniboone for $10.
- OR we could just head next door to 285 Kent, where we can semi-repeat history from last night and hit up a Beach Fossils AND Perfect Pussy show for $10.
- If Brooklyn ain’t your jam, though, rejoice! Chris Garneau is set to play Le Poisson Rouge tonight for $15, so make sure to get over there straight after work as doors are at 7:30.
- PLUS Fool’s Gold will be celebrating its sixth anniversary today, meaning you can catch an eff ton of amazing musical acts for just $10 in advance, $15 day of show. (Stoli is sponsoring, so fingers crossed for drink specials…)
- AND we can hit up WORD Books for an evening of Tequila Mockingbird with Tim Federle, who will teach us how to make punny cocktails, and how to taste them. Read: BOOZE.
- We’ve got yet another edition of Sleigh Bells ‘n Danny Brown at Terminal 5 tonight, which (right now) is not sold out. Grab tickets for $25.
- My personal vote for the night goes to Basia Bulat, who’ll be playing Bowery Ballroom this evening alongside opening act Wilsen, who WE LOVE.
- Meanwhile, over in Brooklyn, we’ve got a Crocodiles show to look forward to over at Music Hall of Williamsburg. Highly suggest grabbing tickets before they sell out.
- OR you could always just swing by Cameo Gallery instead, where Daft Punk collaborator Todd Edwards will play a show aka the best Saturday night dance party ever. Tickets are just $17 in advance, $20 at the door.
- But if you haven’t gotten your daily doze of crazy, you might want to hit up Town Hall for an evening avec the mildly insane Amanda Palmer or something!
- And/or you could also always rob a bank and use the resulting spoils to purchase a ticket to see Kanye at Barclays, because obviously it is necessary.
- Then, to hit the free drinks jackpot, look no further than a NiteTables Open Bar happening at 49 Grove Street; the booze will be flowing from 9-11pm, so email here: [email protected] to get on the list.
- OR just take it creepily easy over at Videology today, where they’ll be hosting a marathon screening of Alfred Hitchcock films FO’ FREE.
- First up, HOLY EFF there is a LITERAL SAUSAGE FEST happening at the Bell House today, and it sounds like the most epic meat-based event of all time. I don’t care if you’re vegan, we’re going.
- Then, legitimately the only thing you need to worry about in your musical lineup today is a SOHN show that’s happening over at Mercury Lounge, okay? OKAY!
- Then again, if you’re tryna dance off that super-hangover, probably plan to hit up Greenhouse on Varick Street beginning at 5pm; #INTERMIXX will be hosting a retro jams party, with all the best stuff from the 80’s-90’s fo’ FREE.
- PLUS Chris Douridas is hosting yet another evening of complimentary tuneage over at the Bowery Hotel for School Night! Tonight’s edition features Six60.
- OR if you’re feeling mega-lazy and/or in the pre-Thanksgiving Christmas spirit, you should PROBABLY head on over to the Film Forum, where they’ll be screening Miracle on 34th Street.
- If you’re way too sophisticated for that noise, though, definitely pop on over to Nitehawk Cinema, where they’ll be hosting day two of their very own Shorts Festival.
- Speaking of movies, were you super into Big Fish? If so, you may already be aware that there’s a Broadway musical adaptation, in which case you’ll want to hit up 92Y for a chit-chat w/ the creative team and cast behind it tonight.
- BUT it’s also pretty important that we get over to Fort Greene for day two of the Renegade Craft Fair, which is free to attend, and sounds hugely awesome. Get those holiday gifts early, yeah?
- Ummmmm but wait…maybe we should try out to be cheerleaders (JEERLEADERS) for the Gotham Girls Roller Derby. It’ll be just like that one time with Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page in that movie that I can’t remember its name right now!
WOW SO MUCH STUFF! If I’ve failed to mention something near and dear to your heart, please feel free to digitally-berate me in the comments and/or on Twitter. BYE!