Welcome back to another weekend, y’all! There’s lots on the books this weekend, from a crawfish boil (ft. a flippin’ whole roasted alligator) at Pig Beach to a demonology class to a screening of 10 Things I Hate About You (clearly our GIF theme) at Nitehawk Williamsburg, so buckle up for all o’ that noise!
Before we get into ye olde details, let’s first get you all caught up on all that BYT #CONTENT you might’ve missed this week if you were too busy wondering who’s gonna die this week on GoT!
- Speaking of GoT, here’s our recap of the latest episode (which contains many spoilers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED) if you want a synopsis before Sunday.
- I had a chat to Cleo from Girlpool about ALL OF THE THINGS!
- We spoke to a woman who owns a haunted secretary (like the furniture kind of secretary) formerly owned by the father of Ouija! (As you do!)
- Ty Segall announced he’s playing full albums on tour! Here are other people we wish would follow suit soon!
- Plus we caught Tom Odell and Lucie Salvas at Irving Plaza and it was p. tight!
Thursday April 25
- Get to the Bell House for a new round of NPR’s Ask Me Another ft. special guests Taye Diggs and DeWanda Wise tonight! Tickets are $15-$20 each.
- For cinematic vibes, head on over to Nitehawk Prospect Park for a One Nite Only screening of The French Connection!
- Meanwhile, Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men is screening as part of the Tribeca Film Festival at Beacon Theatre for $86+ tonight!
- Tunes-wise, my top pick for this evening is a Girlpool + Hatchie show at Bowery Ballroom! Tickets are $22 each.
- AND Oh Land will play LPR tonight for $30!
- If food is more your jam, then go hang out w/ Priya Krishna at Books Are Magic! She’ll be talking about her new cookbook, Indian-ish, and admission is free!
- Plus Archestratus will host a vegan Sicilian dinner tonight for $30! Two seatings, family-style.
- If it’s fashion times you’re after, then most definitely pop on by 92Y for an evening with the one and only Bethann Hardison, who’ll look back on her life and career in fashion with Fern Mallis! Tickets are $35.
- Just wanna cut a rug? Head to House of Yes for this week’s Dirty Thursday! It’s fembot themed, so you can expect everything from Peaches to Robyn ALL FOR FREE w/ RSVP!
- Or if you’re more in the mood to learn about the occult, then head to Catland for a class on mental health and the tarot! Tickets are $30 each.
Friday April 26
- Let’s start with t-t-t-t-tunes! Emily Reo’s got a record release show at Baby’s All Right tonight for $12-$15…
- …plus you can catch a Q+A and signing w/ King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard at Rough Trade! Free entry w/ purchase of Fishing for Fishies!
- Also, don’t forget that the WFMU Record Fair kicks off today at Brooklyn Expo Center! Weekend passes (ft. v. critical early admission if you’re a big ol’ crate digger) are $30, or just buy day passes for $8 a pop.
- In terms of comedy, head on over to Union Hall for Ellen Degenerous (Rachel Kaly) Is The Only Ally w/ Rachel Pegram, Larry Owens and more! Tickets are $8-$10 a pop.
- (Plus stick around for a 90s vs 00s pop singalong afterwards! Tickets are $10 each.)
- For dance party vibes, get to C’mon Everybody for Baby Boi: Beyonce vs. Drake! Tickets are $8 each, and all the action kicks off at 11pm.
- AND it’s the latest round of Papi Juice at Elsewhere! Tickets are $10-$20 each.
- Or just go take a Demonology 101 course at Catland tonight! YOU DO YOU! Tickets are $10.
Saturday April 27
- Kick things off at Nitehawk Williamsburg with a brunch screening of 10 Things I Hate About You! (Or if you can’t make it over there today, there’s another one tomorrow!)
- UNLESS you’re down to head outdoors, in which case hit up the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for Sakura Matsuri: Cherry Blossom Festival! Programming runs from 10am to 6pm today and tomorrow.
- Plus Pig Beach is hosting its second annual crawfish boil today and tomorrow! (Tomorrow comes with the added bonus of a whole roasted alligator! Yes, you read that right!) Tickets’ll run you $45 and include a crawfish plate, potatoes, corn and two drink tickets, and the whole shebang will be hosted by Mississippi’s BBQ Ninja, Craig Verhage.
- Tunes-wise, if you don’t mind a little hike out to Asbury Park, Asbury Lanes is hosting Girlpool and Hatchie tonight! Tickets are $15.
- And while we’re on the subject of Asbury Park, Diet Cig will play a $15 show at Asbury Park Brewery!
- Back over in God’s country, we’ve got a Hot Chip DJ set happening at Good Room for $25!
- You can also catch the one and only Jaakko Eino Kalevi at Rough Trade for just $10-$12 tonight!
- For dance party vibes, you can head to Gramercy Theatre where they’ll be spinnin’ ABBA for $10-$18…
- …or get to the Knitting Factory for a new round of San Junipero, a retrowave party! Tickets are free ’til midnight w/ RSVP.
- More into LOLs? Hit up Murmrr Ballroom for Phoebe Robinson & Guests! Tickets are $15-$20 each.
Sunday April 28
- FIRST of all, CLEARLY get to BMCC TPAC for the 30th anniversary of The Simpsons ft. a panel w/ James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean and Matt Selman, and the voice of many Harry Shearer! Moderated by the voice of Lisa Simpson, a true BYT favorite, Yeardley Smith. Tickets are $30 a pop.
- Continuing w/ film, you can catch a screening of Apocalypse Now at Beacon Theatre ft. bonus Q+A w/ Francis Ford Coppola today! Tickets are $46+.
- As far as tunes go, I’m gonna highly recommend trekking back out to Asbury Lanes for a $15 Slothrust gig!
- Lookin’ to keep things a bit more local? Deerhoof will play Bowery Ballroom for $20!
- For comedy vibes, Union Hall is the place to be! There are early and late seatings of #ADULTING w/ Michelle Buteau and Jordan Carlos, and both will run you $10 each.
- Plus we’ve got Melissa Villaseñor, Anna Drezen and more over at Baby’s All Right for $15!
- Meanwhile, it’s The Bechdel Cast Live over at the Bell House! Tickets to that will set you back $15-$20 each.
- OR if the beautiful game is more your jam, then head to a new round of Soccer Afternoon Live at Caveat! Tickets to the variety show are $10-$12 each.
- Just flippin’ love cats? Hit up Archestratus for the latest edition of Greenpoint Cat Club at noon! Free!