IT’S FINALLY HERE! IT’S KILLING EVE SEASON TWO PREMIERE WEEKEND! (If you haven’t guzzled the Kool-Aid, there’s still time to bosh season one. Highly recommended.) But there’s plenty to do this weekend BEFORE 8pm ET rolls around on Sunday, all of which I am going to tell you about momentarily.
FIRST, here’s some CR00SH CONTENT you might’ve missed on BYT this week if you were too busy thinking about whether or not Eve and Villanelle are gonna bone in this season or what!
- BYT JUST LAUNCHED A NEW CREATIVE AGENCY CALLED EXACTLY AND WE ARE V. EXCITED ABOUT IT!
- A lot of people are (rightfully) pretty pissed at WOW Air right now, but I felt like writing nice things about the airline instead! (Here is me doing that!)
- I interviewed Gastor Almonte about his VERY funny debut stand-up album, which is out TOMORROW!
- AND I INTERVIEWED CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG NBD! (She thinks Serge would’ve been cancelled in 2019.)
- We also went to Jose Andres’ Mercado Little Spain! It is gigantic! It is delicious! You should go, too!
- I am eerily interested in personal finance in my thirties, so here are some of my favorite YouTube resources if you feel like you wanna climb aboard this weird dumb boat, too!
- Finally, here’s me telling you about why I wish MTV would bring back Rich Girls and Cheyenne instead of The Hills!
Thursday April 4
- First o’ fucking all, get your face to 92Y for a preview screening of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2 ft. Kiernan Shipka, Gavin Leatherwood and Michelle Gomez in conversation with Teen Vogue’s Gabe Bergado! Tickets are $35 each.
- For cinematic times, head to Metrograph for a special screening of Pillow Talk hosted by John Epperson!
- Looking for the convergence of music ‘n art? BLACK is happening at Avant Gardener today and tomorrow; a two-day pass will run you $80, or grab individual $40 ones instead.
- Tunes-wise, catch Ex Hex and Moaning at Bowery Ballroom for $22!
- Plus Xeno & Oaklander have a $12-$14 album release gig at Elsewhere!
- Meanwhile, Lauren Flax, JD Samson and more will be at Good Room for $10!
- Wanna dance for free? It’s a new round of Dirty Thursday at House of Yes, and it’s 90s Night! RSVP to get on the list.
- AND Jessica Louise Dye of High Waisted will be DJing over at Huckleberry Bar for free, too!
- Speaking of free things, Lady Lamb’s got a performance and signing at Rough Trade! $0!
- Or just swing by Syndicated to catch a free screening of RuPaul’s Drag Race at the bar!
Friday April 5
- Let’s start off with t-t-t-t-tunes! Haelos and Munya have a $25 show at Music Hall of Williamsburg…
- …and Wheatus will be at Mercury Lounge for $25, too!
- PLUS Sharkmuffin have a $10-$12 show at Alphaville!
- For dance vibes, just get to Elsewhere for a $25 DJ set from Washed Out!
- It’s also a new round of A Night At The Baths: A Disco Party at C’mon Everybody! Ticketes are just $5 a pop.
- AND you can get free entry (w/ RSVP) to an electro house ‘n EDM classics dance party over at the Knitting Factory if that sounds more in your wheelhouse.
- More into movies? There’s a $7 screening of Fatal Attraction happening at Syndicated tonight!
- Plus Qiu Sheng will be at Metrograph for a screening of Suburban Birds ft. bonus Q+A! (He’ll also be at tomorrow’s 6:30pm screening if you can’t make it tonight.)
Saturday April 6
- Kick things off with movie vibes at Nitehawk; there’s a brunch screening of Where The Wild Things Are at Prospect Park!
- If that’s TOO early, then get to $7 screenings of Misery and Carrie at Syndicated instead!
- But maybe you’re more into tunes, in which case head on over to Elsewhere for a $20 BRONCHO show!
- Meanwhile, Shilpa Ray is at Coney Island Baby for $12…
- More into The Smiths ‘n Morrissey? Catch a Sons & Heirs tribute night at Bowery Ballroom! Tickets are $20-$25 each.
- If cuttin’ a rug is your MO, head back on over to Elsewhere for Kornél Kovács, a Juan Maclean (DJ Set) and more! Tickets are $15-$25 a pop.
- If 8-Bit’s more in your wheelhouse, head to H0L0 for a $20 DJ set from Anamanaguchi!
- PLUS Yas Mama returns to C’mon Everybody, and this time it’s El Noche de las Reinas!!! Tickets are $10 each.
- Or if that’s too $$$ for ya, then head to the Bell House for a new round of Party Like It’s 1999! Free as always, and tonight they’ll be celebrating twenty years of NO SCRUBS!
- OR you can always hit up a space cats party (which is apparently a thing) at House of Yes! Entry is free before midnight w/ RSVP, otherwise you’ll have to pay up to $35 to attend.
- You can also just make a day of things at Brooklyn Bazaar, where Atlas Obscura and The Oddities Flea Market are taking over until the $42 afterparty kicks off ft. tunes by A Place To Bury Strangers and more!
Sunday April 7
- Hungover? Go revitalize or whatever at a new round of deep house yoga! Happening at House of Yes for $25.
- You should also swing by day two of MoCCA Arts Festival, NYC’s largest indie comics and cartoon art event! Tickets are $10-$18 each.
- Comedy-wise, be sure to hit up C’mon Everybody for Gastor Almonte and Jess Salomon’s DOUBLE ALBUM RELEASE SHOW! Guests include Josh Gondelman, Shalewa Sharpe, Roy Wood Jr., Greg Stone and Eman El Husseini, and tickets are just $7-$10 each!
- AND most definitely catch an early and/or late seating of #ADULTING with Michelle Buteau and Jordan Carlos at Union Hall! Tickets are $10 a pop.
- You can also catch Janeane Garofalo at Littlefield w/ guests Phoebe Robinson, Todd Barry, Josh Gondelman and more! Tickets are $8-$10.
- Tunes-wise, my one and only pick for today requires a little (super worthwhile) hike out to Newark’s White Eagle Hall, where Japanese Breakfast will play a $20 show!
- Or maybe you just wanna talk about drugs, in which case make a beeline for Caveat! Tickets to Drug Test: Shrooms! are $15-$20 each.
- BUT LET’S BE REAL, NO ONE SHOULD BE DOING A GODDAMN THING EXCEPT WATCHING THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF KILLING EVE.