Hello and welcome back to another weekend! I am realizing more and more that I am poorly equipped to live in a prolonged state of heightened anxiety! Speaking of which, some of the below events may be canceled as coronavirus health and safety updates continue to roll in, so be prepared for that if you’re suitin’ up and goin’ out the next couple of days! (We’ll also talk about stuff you can do at home if you’re trying to avoid the outside world as much as possible! I will definitely be staying the heck in, and will probably just be watching YouTube clips of James Acaster because James Acaster is the only chaotic good light in this dark world! James Acaster is our GIF theme, in case you didn’t work that out!)
BUT FIRST, here’s all the rad (but also depressing) content you might’ve missed on BYT this week if you were too busy disinfecting your entire life!
- Here is my thesis that sauce is the only thing worthy of panic buying!
- Your office might ask you to WFH! If that happens, here’s how to stay sane and productive!
- If you need to take your mind off all the doom, watch Taskmaster! It is a delightfully weird British game show, and it is IMPROVING MY LIFE.
- Here are some snaps from Macy Gray and Maris’ gig at Brooklyn Bowl last week!
STUFF TO STREAM (OR READ) IF YOU STAY HOME
- Here’s our ultimate guide to murder mysteries! Insane amounts of stuff to stream! You’ll never be bored again!
- A reminder to watch I Am Not Okay With This if you haven’t already!
- CHEERLEADING SHOWS CHEERLEADING SHOWS CHEERLEADING SHOWS!
- Queer female-geared web series to stream!
- Shows I love that you should check out, duh!
- OR if you’re more into books, here are ones we think you should read if and/or when you self-quarantine!
Thursday March 12
- First, most definitely hit up Caveat for Shoes Off Mouth Off: An Asian American Storytelling Thing! Tickets are $12-$15.
- In tunes territory, we’ve got Princess Goes To The Butterfly Museum at Mercury Lounge for $15…
- …plus Aaron from Porches is gonna DJ a Dr. Martens Bedford event for free w/ RSVP!
- Yatta/Ela Minus/Qualiatik will also be taking over TV Eye for $15…
- …AND Nathaniel Rateliff ‘n special guests will be at Town Hall for $45+!
Friday March 13
- For starters, C’mon Everybody is hosting its weekly free RuPaul’s Drag Race viewing party!
- (Syndicated is hosting a free viewing party, too, if that’s more in your geographical wheelhouse!)
- Shifting over to tunes town, Yumi Zouma are playing Baby’s All Right for $25…
- …and pronoun and Future Teens are at Alphaville for $13!
- Or if you couldn’t get enough Nathaniel Rateliff last night, catch him at Town Hall again for $45+!
- In terms of comedy, we’ve got a new round of Rape Victims Are Horny Too w/ Kelly Bachman and Dylan Adler at Caveat! Tickets are $12-$15.
- There’s also a new round of A Drinking Game at the Bell House! Tonight is SPACE JAM, and tickets are $18.
- But maybe you’re more into St. Patrick’s Day, in which case hit up Littlefield for Freak Party Paddy’s Day! Tickets are $12.50-$15.
- Or if you’re more into spook city vibes, get to Nitehawk for a v. appropriate screening of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter!
Saturday March 14
- Kicking things off on a sonic note, we’ve got Post Animal and TWEN at Music Hall of Williamsburg for $18…
- …plus Downtown Boys, gobbinjr and more will be at Market Hotel for $18!
- In terms of LOLs, you can post up at Union Hall for 1. Friends Who Folk & Friends ($8-$10), and/or 2. New Sauce w/ Carmen Christopher & Conner O’Malley (AND JOE PERA! $10-$12)!
- It’s also Tinder Live’s 6th Anniversary Show! Lane Moore hosts, and her guests tonight include Stacy London, Hari Kondabolu and Ophira Eisenberg; tickets are $15-$18.
- (And if you’re into queer dance parties, stick around for a new round of Be Cute after that! Tickets are $10.)
Sunday March 15
- In the mood to learn? Get to Caveat to talk all about psychedelics ‘n god! Tickets are $15-$20.
- For comedy vibes, hit up Union Hall to catch Jordan Klepper’s Productive Existential Crisis, with Friends! Tickets are $10.
- In terms of tunes, hit up Littlefield for a Spanish Ones To Watch showcase ft. Belako, Kings of the Beach and No Crafts, all great bands from Spain!
- Meanwhile, The Ophelias, Lina Tullgren, Hypoluxo and Bluish are all at Trans-Pecos for $10!
- Plus C’mon Everybody will host ROCKETMAN – A Live Tribute To Elton John! Tickets are just $5.