Hello! I am still recovering from Pride! But I guess it’s about to be America’s birthday or something, so we can talk all about how you can take advantage of a (possibly) short week! I’m pretty much just entirely focused on the FIFA Women’s World Cup final this Sunday, because I am BUZZIN’ about how amazingly the USWNT has performed thus far, and I honestly believe they’re going to beat the shit out of whoever makes it through alive today in Sweden vs Netherlands at 3pm ET! And I know a lot of y’all don’t give a fuck about soccer, but I’m gonna go with my gut and make the USWNT our GIF theme for this edition of BWB. (I’ve surprisingly only lost two Instagram followers as a result of my sports stories this month, so I’m gonna take it as a sign that people are ready for overexposure.)
BUT FIRST! Here’s some stuff you might’ve missed on BYT this week if you were too busy loving Lil Nas X even more than you did before!
- “I didn’t think U-Hauling was a thing until it happened to me.” We asked six of our favorite queer buddies to tell us which LGBTQ+ stereotypes actually check out!
- I saw someone refer to Midsommar as a “sun-drenched horror triumph”, which makes me wish I went outside more ’cause WOW WHAT A GREAT TINDER BIO! We didn’t use those terms exactly, but we agree it was p. goddamn great!
- We also enjoyed Spider Man: Far From Home…
- …and here are the best films of 2019 (so far) in our humble opinion!
- If you care to find out what happened BEFORE the USWNT kicked in England’s teeth yesterday at the FIFA WWC, here’s my recap!
- And finally, here’s why July is gonna rule v. hard ft. new record releases, #SPORTS, movies ‘n more!
Wednesday July 3rd
- For starters, it’s a new round of Yoga for Witches at Catland tonight! Tickets are $15, and it’s BYO mat.
- In terms of tunes, you can catch a Froth show on the roof at Elsewhere! Tickets are $15 each.
- If comedy is more your vibe, you can also see Alice Snedden do a set at Union Hall for just $8!
- Meanwhile, there’s a Summer Colombia Carnaval party happening at LPR tonight! Tickets are $12-$80 each.
- More into movies? There’s a $7 screening of Can’t Hardly Wait happening over at Syndicated tonight!
- Too poor? Scope a free outdoor screening of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at Parklife tonight!
- PLUS you can dance it out at C’mon Everybody during a free Britney Spears party!
- And House of Yes is hosting TWO free events, the first being an amateur burlesque night, and the second being a new round of Hot Mess ft. dancin’ ‘n drag shows!
- Or if you’re just broke AF and hungry dot come, snag some free mochi ice cream at UNIQLO, DUH!
Thursday July 4th
- I mean…it wouldn’t exactly be the 4th of July w/o a brunch screening of Jaws at Nitehawk Prospect Park AMIRITE?! Screening today thru the 7th!
- But also a MAJOR top pick for today is Elsewhere’s rooftop party w/ JD Samson which starts at 2pm! Tickets are $15-$25 each.
- Last Light’s also got a rooftop party ft. Jacques Greene, Doss, Fauzia and more! Tickets to that one’ll run you $28 each.
- If you’re down to trek it out to Montauk, hit up the Surf Lodge for a free show from St. Lucia!
- Or keep it local at House of Yes, where they’re hosting a 4th party that’s FREE before 5pm w/ RSVP ($10 otherwise), plus it’s a new round of Dirty Thursday after that which is (as always) free all night!
- The Lot Radio is also doing a free party starting at noon and lasting ’til the fireworks wrap up!
Friday July 5th
- In terms of LOLs, you gotta head on over to Union Hall for a new round of That Shit Ray w/ Rachel Pegram and Rachel Joravsky! Lineup includes Aparna Nancherla, Rachel Kaly and more, and tickets’ll run you $8-$10 each.
- If tunes are more your jam, head to Good Room for Matias Aguayo vibes! Tickets are $10-$15 each.
- We’ve also got a $16.50 King Britt gig at Public Records!
- Just wanna d-d-d-d-dance? Get to C’mon Everybody for Young Adult Friction, an indie/alt party! Free!
- Or if you’re down to shell out for your indie dance vibes, then hit up Baby’s All Right for a new round of Dance Yourself Clean! $10-$12!
Saturday July 6th
- Kick things off w/ a brunch screening of Steel Magnolias at Nitehawk Williamsburg!
- It’s also the start of flippin’ KCON 2019 AT MSG! Tickets start at like $150 (YIKES, but maybe worth it?!) and programming is both today and tomorrow.
- For comedy, make it a Bell House night! They’re hosting Oh, Such A Huge Show, Oh: A Benefit for Immigrant Children’s Rights ft. Aparna Nancherla, Emmy Blotnick, Josh Gondelman and more! Tickets are $18 a pop.
- (And stick around for a new round of Party Like It’s 1999 afterwards! Free dance vibes as always!)
- Plus get to Union Hall for 1. a new round of Picture This ft. Ian Fidance, Catherine Cohen and more ($8) and/or 2. Sandwich ft. Gastor Almonte, Jess Salomon, Aparna Nancherla and more ($8-$10)!
- If la musica is more your scene, then 100% get to Baby’s All Right for a $10 Lina Tullgren gig! (I am obsessed w/ “Golden Babyland“!)
- (You can also stay put for a new round of Candi Pop, aka America’s favorite bubblegum pop dance party, for $10-$12!)
- AND I would 10/10 recommend grabbing tickets to see Potty Mouth and Colleen Green at Trans-Pecos! Tickets are just $12, and it’s all ages, so U CAN BRING UR LITTLE BROTHER OR WHATEVER! (I don’t have a little OR big brother, but I imagine this is how all ages shows can sometimes benefit people?)
- But are you still hype on #PRIDEVIBES?! Just make it a C’mon Everybody time starting at 4pm! There’s a new round of Yes Homo, the best free queer daytime dance party of all time!
Sunday July 7th
- For starters, STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND WATCH THE USWNT KICK SOME ASS AT 11AM ET!
- Meanwhile, the Official Latino Film and Arts Festival will present the 2019 New York City Semi-Finals at Caveat starting today thru Tuesday! Individual tickets start at $12, while festival passes are $88.
- Later, if you missed Potty Mouth and Colleen Green last night, YA GOTTA head on out to Asbury Park Brewery to catch ’em for $10-$12!
- Speaking of treks, you can also pop out to Montauk for a free performance from Nick Murphy (fka Chet Faker) at the Surf Lodge!
- Or if you’re trying to keep things more local, then get to Our Wicked Lady’s rooftop for another free Sunday with dance tunes from Jonathan Toubin!
- And speaking of dance vibes, Rosa Perreo will be taking over House of Yes starting at 3pm for ALL of the Latinx reggaeton times! Free all day!
- And for LOLs, get to Union Hall for It’s Come To This w/ hosts Pat Byrne and Jason Gore ft. Ziwe Fumudoh, Clare O’Kane and more! Tickets are $8-$10 each.