Did you all know it is National Donut Day this Friday? Well, now you do.
And while you can grab all sorts of mass produced donuts for free that day (details here), because we LOVE YOU, we figured we’d reach out to some of our favorite better-than-any-donut-you-ever-tasted Donut makers in DC (and alums of the BYT DONUT FEST) and see if they’d be nice enough to donate a box of donuts to a lucky BYT winner and they said yes.
So, here is what you could win:
- A BOX OF DONUTS FROM GBD (added bonus even if you don’t win:if you pre-order a dozen doughnuts for the holiday (by Thursday at 2 pm) we will throw in an extra doughnut and a coffee (total cost of all that magic: $25)
- A BOX OF DONUTS FROM ASTRO (bonus even if you don’t win:Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken will celebrate with a “Strawberry Chocolate” doughnut – 100% of the sales will benefit the Fisher House Foundation**. Available for $3 each, only 200 of the”Strawberry Chocolate”doughnuts will be available in the store (a limited quantity will be available on the Astro food truck), which will be a seasonal strawberry cake doughnut with a chocolate drizzle. A donation jar collecting funds for Fisher House will also be in the store.Traditionally,
- A BOX OF DONUTS FROM TED’S BULLETIN (pick up will be at 14th street location)
- A BOX OF DONUTS FROM POSTE
- A BOX OF DONUTS FROM FARMERS FISHERS BAKERS
ok, now let me let all that sink in. A box per winner (just to clarify)
Now, you want to know how to get your hands on there. Here is what to do:
To enter to win, leave us a comment telling us what is your favorite thing about DC RIGHT NOW and tell us which box of donuts you’d like to win. We will notify the winners by COB Thursday so YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR DONUTS FROM THESE FINE FOLKS ON FRIDAY. COOL? COOL.
Come Friday THIS could be you: