Welcome to Restaurant Week. 250 restaurants are participating. We picked 17.
The Washington Psychotronic Film Society screens Planet of the Vampires at Smoke & Barrel. It’s kinda about a race war.
J. Flax & The Heart Attacks at Galaxy Hut should be dance-y fun.
The Washington National Opera Exhibition “RETNA” is on view beginning today in the Kennedy Center in the Hall of Nations.
Pretty Funny Monday celebrates two years at Bier Baron.
- A popular illustrator is pretty sure his apartment is haunted and has been tweeting about it almost nonstop. It’s spooky. Happy Monday.
- The 9:30 Club is throwing a free, non-ticketed party to celebrate the legacy of Cool “Disco” Dan. Expect music by Rare Essence, Big Tony, DJ Flexx and more.
- I have good news and bad news. Do you want the bad news first? Okay. Red Oak, a lemur at the National Zoo, passed away last week. His picture is very adorable. We didn’t mean to bum you out so early on a Monday, but we thought you’d like to know.
- The good news is, D.C. has recently received a grant that will allow us to identify LGBTQ landmarks. WAMU has a list of places they think should make the cut. Do you agree? Did they miss something? Leave a comment below. We’re interested.
- On average, it takes 10 more days to get hired in D.C. than it does in any other city in the US. More concrete reasons that job searching sucks.