While there’s definitely some chaotic energy in the air re: next week’s Inauguration, let’s not let that take away from the decidedly celebratory mood we are all entitled to embrace! Here are some specials you can grab for delivery or pickup around DC to get in the new administration spirit:
For at home celebrations, Compass Rose has put together a $30 kit (optional bubbles add-on for an extra $20) which includes loads of tasty snacks:
(1) large bag of spiced popcorn, (1) funfetti blondies, (1) brownies, (1) lemon cookie, (1) bula snickerdoodle, (1) raspberry white chocolate thick’ems and a slice of vanilla and chocolate frosting slab cake.
YUM DOT COM!
ThinkFoodGroup’s $46 Delivery Specials
$46 to-go and delivery specials from José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup restaurants include:
- Paella Valenciana from Jaleo Penn Quarter and Jaleo Crystal City
- Oyamel‘s special Tamale Dinner
- Zaytinya‘s Celebration Rice inspired by the classic Persian jeweled rice, pistachio, almond, saffron, tumeric, and barberries served with braised seven spice lamb
- (Plus a $25 José Cuvée Sparkling Wine special is available from all of the above all week long, 1/17-1/24)
In honor of one of President Elect Biden’s favorite foods, Pizzeria Paradiso is set to serve up ice cream and soda floats from a special menu dubbed the “Inaugural Parade.” Fit for both adults and kids with non-alcoholic options available, you can snag menu items from 1/19 to 1/21, which will include:
- Biden’s Back to Basics Root Beer Float ($7): a scoop of Ice Cream Jubilee’s Vanilla ice cream flavor floated in Boylan’s Root Beer
- Harris’ Spicing It Up Ginger Ale Float ($7): a scoop of Ice Cream Jubilee’s Vanilla ice cream flavor floated in Boylan’s Ginger Ale
- Cuppa Joe Beer Float ($10): a scoop of Ice Cream Jubilee’s Cuppa Joe special inauguration ice cream flavor floated in Port City Porter
- Banana Bourbon Ka(ra)mala Beer Float ($10): a scoop of Ice Cream Jubilee’s Banana Bourbon Caramel ice cream floated in RaR Groove City Hefeweizen
In addition, on January 20, all guests will receive a free serving of Ice Cream Jubilee’s Vanilla Chocolate Chip with every pizza purchased. The offer is available with each carry out, pick up and outdoor dining pizza served. Heck yes!
Tomorrow, Thursday (1/14), Immigrant Food is slated to launch a new lunch menu including “Madam VP’s Heritage Bowl”, a new bowl dedicated to honoring Madame Vice President Kamala Harris and her heritage. Since VP Harris is the first Black and Asian American VP and the daughter of immigrants, Chef Enrique wanted to create a new bowl inspired by her Jamaican and Indian roots. The bowl includes coconut-milk curried chicken, chickpeas, potatoes, pineapples, plantains, and a hint of spicy peppers served over turmeric rice and baby spinach.
We’ll update this list as we hear about more specials!