Whether you need a Halloween costume, want some vintage inspiration, or hope to be transported into Twin Peaks by dressing the part, here are the must-haves for each of your favorite Twin Peaks characters. Luckily, most of them wore the same outfit daily. But before you purchase anything, I bet you can find at least one of these items in your parents’ attic.
- Log – Fake logs ain’t cheap, so I suggest wandering your backyard until you find one that speaks to you. The log pillow looks quite nice, though, and wouldn’t be a hassle to carry around.
- Red glasses – Party City is your best bet. But if you have a Claire’s or Icing in a mall near you (and a red holiday is coming up), you’re golden.
- Sweater – Must be ugly.
- Flannel – Must be uglier.
- Turtleneck – Ask your grandparents to hook you up.
- Bolo tie – I always wondered what those things were called. You should have seen what I Googled…
- Trench Coat – It can be recycled for later use.
- Voice recorder – If you’re going to do it, do it right. The Realistic Micro Cassette Recorder goes from $14.95 to $69.99 on ebay.
- Mug – You could just take one out of your dishwasher, OR you can be a true super fan by purchasing a Twin Peaks mug.
- 80’s suit – I suppose a regular suit would do, BUT you would definitely need the Twin Peaks mug then and the voice recorder.
- Red lipstick – Absolutely necessary for seduction. Audrey knew what she was doing.
- Eyebrow pencil – The darker, the better.
- Long plaid skirt – If you’d prefer a vintage pencil skirt, try your luck at thrift shops, like Second Time Around and/or blank.
- Sweater – Any simple crew neck you have at home would work just as well, too, and Goodwill has one too many.
- Blouse – I would go with the sweater, but if you find the right blouse (especially a black and white one), people over 30 will definitely know who you are.
- Gray wig – This one is described as hot and sexy, so Bob would be proud.
- Jean button down– These are in guys, so here’s your excuse to purchase one.
- Jean jacket – Jean on jean on jean. Canadian suit.
- Tiara – Let’s be honest, you have one of these lying around somewhere.
- Prom dress – Now is your chance to break out that old prom dress you never thought you would wear again.
- Plastic– Surprisingly (or not surprisingly), more people dress up like dead Laura.
- Light blue lipstick – Key to looking dead.
The Man From Another Place
- Red sports coat– You might think you can get away without wearing a coat, but no you cannot….unless you’re under five feet, then maybe…
- Red button down -This can be worn again, so it’s a quality purchase.
- Red pants – You might already own these if you’re a frat boy.
- Elf ears – Without these, you’ll just look like someone who thinks they look REALLY good in red.
- Red suit – Instead of buying different pieces, you could invest in this.