Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE: Keep an eye on our YOUR BEST FEBRUARY story all month. It will be always there for you.
- TONIGHT IS THE END (of Parks and Recreation). Come celebrate and/or mourn the season’s finale with us at our Parks & Recreation Finale Party at the Howard Theatre. Note: We’re sold out, but you can still sign up for the waiting list.
- Sleater-Kinney plays night one of their sold out, two show gig at 9:30 club. If you couldn’t snag a ticket for the trio’s show, NPR will be live-streaming the show HERE starting at approximately 9:30 ET.
- Comedian Kyle Kinane, our friend from Bentzen Ball, takes over U Street Music Hall.
- The Dodos are at Black Cat.
- Get nerdy, and discuss the latest topics and improvements in NoMa over happy hour drinks, with Nerds in NoMa: Water, Water Everywhere.
- Hear local artist Naeemah Powell’s account of growing up in South East D.C. at the height of the drug epidemic tonight during Social Innovation Lab: The Moral Imagination Challenge at Busboys and Poets.