Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Like Interpol and The Killers but think they’re moody and pretentious? Try Colony House and Knox Hamilton tonight at U Street Music Hall, who might make you hate modern rock music a little less:
- Hate folk? Love phenomenons? NPR called Shakey Graves an “anti folk phenomenon”. Come see what that means at the Hamilton tonight.
- There will be many beards in the audience seeing Moon Taxi tonight at the Fillmore.
- What do the owner of Hank’s Oyster Bar, CEO of DC Central Kitchen, former Hell’s Kitchen victor and Director of Harvard’s Health and Sustainability Food Program have in common? They’re planning on making you less ignorant about the restaurant ‘biz.
- Vaudeville ain’t dead, apparently: Cartoonist Art Spiegelman will stop by GWU’s Lisner Auditorium as part of his national “Wordless!” tour that features music from renowned jazz musician Phillip Johnston.
- Self-described “high-design promoter and connoisseur” Lisa Roberts is givin’ a talk and signin’ some of her books -artPOP- at the National Building Museum.