Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- Two excellent D.C. institutions are celebrating Día de los Muerto today. The Portrait Gallery has a celebration beginning at 5 p.m. and the Mexican Cultural Institute’s annual altar opens at 6:45 p.m. If you have to choose one, choose the Mexican Cultural Institute. It runs through November 6 and is well worth your time.
- The Districts headline 9:30 Club. Get there early for Lady Lamb.
- Tops are at U Hall. They look like cool kids.
- The Hold Steady’s Craig Finn is at Rock & Roll Hotel. We love The Hold Steady and Craig Finn but he must understand all of his fans have work in the morning and playing a weekday show is just inconsiderate.
- Have you visited Dew Drop Inn? We like it. Maybe consider an evening with Panel Counsel at Dew Drop Inn.