Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- If you’re reading this right when it goes up, you have time to make it to Breakfast with the Mounted Police in front of Hotel Monaco. You’ve always wanted to eat lunch with police horses, right?
- Disclosure play a very sold-out Echostage.
- Landshapes and Tigers are Bad for Horses are at DC9. Our local music columnist likes Tigers are Bad for Horses. Jump on the bandwagon.
- If you’d rather see a film about music than live music, you can’t do much better than A Great Day in Harlem at the Anacostia Community Museum.
- A comedy show we like is Do You Need A Hug at Handsome Cock. Comics will do their saddest material. Nate Johnson hosts.
- The funniest show of the night is the National Press Club Politicians vs Press Spelling Bee. Members of Congress will face off against members of the press. The Scripps National Spelling Bee will moderate. This is the most D.C. event of the week, if not month, possibly year.