Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- Chris Cornell is performing at The Music Center at Strathmore. He is the most attractive 51-year-old man who looks like Jesus. The rest of this post will be littered with Chris Cornell gifs.
- Empress Of play DC9. They’re no Soundgarden.
- Mac DeMarco headlines Howard Theatre. Best show of the night. Easily. Chris Cornell doesn’t care about the best. Cornell cares about kitties.
- The Summer Camp Show brings the camp feel to comedy at The Wonderland Ballroom. I wonder if Chris Cornell was ever a camp counselor?
- Joywave play U Hall. They may make better music but Chris Cornell has magical genes.
- There’s a free, first come, first seated screening of Steve Jobs at AMC Georgetown. Jobs was no Cornell. Jobs was more like Dave Grohl.
- Goatsnake are at Black Cat. They’re no Audioslave.
- The Word is at 9:30 Club. Chris Cornell looks like Jesus Christ and his Word is Gospel.