Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- The Fratellis and Grizfolk are at 9:30 Club and it’s sold out.
- Lauren Groff will be talking to NPR correspondent Lynn Neary for the Politics & Prose and the PEN/Faulkner Foundation Contemporary Fiction Reading Series at Busboys and Poets tonight. Check this out if you’re feeling especially intellectual today.
- If you’ve ever considered going to the opera, Washington National Opera’s Carmen is running from now until October 3. Did you see our Behind The Scenes?
- Oh Monday, How slowly will your hours pass, Until it is time for bed. If you want to hear real poets read and talk about real haikus, the Japan Information and Cultural Center is hosting an event called Seasonality in English Haiku.
- Jack on Fire is performing at the Black Cat for anyone who’s interested in some Monday jams. They’ve released one of the best songs of the year.
- Bier Baron Tavern is hosting its DC Trivia Night for those of you who want to put your wealth of useful and random knowledge to good use.
- If none of that did it for you, feel free to consult our guide: