Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- If you like print material, David Lagercrantz (the author of the fourth Millennium series book, The Girl In The Spiders Web) is at the Embassy of Sweden. Long live Lisbeth Salander.
- Catfish and the Bottlemen are at 9:30 Club. That might be fun.
- Or if you’re really into crowds of people and overpriced Budweiser, you can dance the night away with Stromae at Echostage.
- After a nine year break, DJ “Hickory” Dave Curtis is back at the Black Cat to spin some country music. God bless him.
- DC Brau is presenting a new beer at DC Improv! And Rob Cantrell is going to be there! Drink and laugh until you puke and cry.
- TasteTest Comedy is at Prequel. Go laugh at cool people like Chris Duffy (You’re the Expert), Kevin Seefried, Natalie McGill, Maeve Higgins (Inside Amy Schumer), Nick Vatterott (Comedy Central Half Hour, CONAN, Fallon), and eat a bunch of food.
- Watch the Republican debate at Looking Glass Lounge! Or at Busboys and Poets! Or in the comfort of your own home! Whatever!
- The DC Shorts Festival is still going on. So you could do that too. For maximum fun, check out our preview.