Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- The Mansion on O Street is having an indoor yard sale, which basically means they’ve just turned part of the mansion into a flea market. If you want some weird shit to put in your home, I would definitely look here.
- Comedian Coco Brown is at The Howard Theatre, if you feel like doing that.
- Do you care about dead white guys? Do you hate dead white guys? Take your opinions to Busboys and Poets where author Matt Burriesci will be discussing his book Dead White Guys.
- Are you a woman? Do you want to tell a stranger a story about you? Some place called The Fedora is hosting StoryBowlDC.
- DC9 is hosting The People’s Choir, so head over their if you want to get your sing-a-long on.
- It’s Improv Comedy night at the Source with Wit Harold.
Nickelback is at Jiffy Lube Live. I don’t know what to say about that.
Dead Heavens and Highway Cross are at the Black Cat Backstage if that interests you.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best August round-up.