Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- The Occidental Grill is celebrating the cherry blossoms by holding a sherry blossom cocktail competition (get it???). Six of the district’s best bartenders are coming together to compete, and you get to help decide who goes home with the gold by voting for your favorite concoction. Plus there will be hors d’oeuvres. How can you say no to hors d’oeuvres?
- Dance until you just can’t dance anymore to Halsey & Young Rising Sons w/ Olivver at U Street Music Hall.
- Do something classy for once in your life, like seeing the accomplished Raphael Severe play the clarinet at the Kennedy Center.
- Support D.C.’s theater scene and booze the night away at Signature Theatre’s production of Soon. Use the code BYT50 for a a special $50 ticket that includes a glass of wine/beer (depending on how you’re feeling).
- Very Be Careful is playing at Bossa Bistro and Lounge. If you’re interested in Colombian vallenato music (and who isn’t?), you should not miss their performance.
- Good Graeff is playing at DC9 and I cannot get over how silly their band name is.