Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- The Dirty Dozen Brass Band is at the Hamilton if you’re into having fun.
- DO YOU LOVE WRASSLIN’? Because WWE announced JR will be at DC Improv. You can ask him about his favorite wrestlers! Or his favorite Divas! Or his favorite wrestling couples (mine is Triple H and Stephanie McMahon)!
- It’s the last late night at National Building Museums THE BEACH. Check it out while there’s still time.
- Do you love jazz? Then check out Jazz Is Dead at the Howard Theatre. Kill your darlings, everyone.
- I don’t know who The Bumper Jacksons are, but they’re going to be at the Kennedy Center and their name intrigues me.
- Or you could head all the way out to Merriweather Post Pavilion and see Willie Nelson.
- If you care about air or space or movies, head over to the Air and Space Museum for a free screening of the film Flying the Feathered Edge: The Bob Hoover Project.
- Maybe you’re into theater? Then see Dear Evan Hanson at Arena Stage. It’s Clay Aiken approved.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best August round-up.