Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Do you like vinyl, cheap beer, and Shark Week? Wesley Wolfe will be cutting 7” vinyl at The Pinch while PBR swag (like koozies!) abound. Stay for some tunes because Shark Week and Monster Museum will be playing. This is probably the coolest thing to do tonight (and by probably, I mean definitely).
- The Howard Theatre has all of your drag needs covered with a “A Drag Salute to the Divas 3rd Anniversary”
- If you feel like trekking all the way out to Bmore, then head to Ottobar to see Ringworm, White Widows Pact, Culture Killer, and Iron Price. All of those band names are hilarious, and I really hope Iron Price is a A Song of Ice and Fire fan band.
- Is country more your deal? Check out Secret Sisters on the Millennium Stage at Kennedy Center.
- Are you a lady who also wants to fight for labor rights at work (like turning the damn AC down)? Then head over to Politics & Prose for the Under The Bus: How Working Week Are Being Run Over book talk with author Caroline Frederickson.
- Go see some goddamned art at the National Museum of Women in the Arts.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best August round-up.