Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- For those of you who are still sad that shark week is over, Mission Dupont is throwing a Sharknado 3 viewing party. They’ll be slinging shark themed cocktails and $1 from each drink will be donated to Shark Advocates International. Sharknado 3 is 100% going to be terrible, but at least you’ll be drunk and donating to a good cause, and we can always get behind being drunk and helpful.
- Hey fans of rock and roll that don’t mind going to Comet Ping Pong, go to Comet Ping Pong tonight for White Mystery. They rule.
- Check out renowned Grammy winner Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds at Howard Theater.
- Or support DMV-bred rapper GoldLink at 9:30 Club. You’re gonna get much more bang for your buck with this show considering there are four openers, Sango, Esta, Lakim, and Joe Kay, before GoldLink even hits the stage.
- There are a shit-ton of concert options tonight. If R&B or rap isn’t your thing, go see Emily King at U Street Music Hall for a more retro-sounding artist.
- Or for an underrated folk group, check out Wylder (formally known as Save the Arcadian) at Black Cat.
- One more concert option if you aren’t already overwhelmed enough; French artist, Darius, will be playing house music at U Street Music Hall.
- Now that we’ve completely exhausted concerts for the night, head over to Bethesda for the outdoor movie series. Tonight’s pick is Chef because who doesn’t want to watch Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, and Robert Downey, Jr. in one film?
- NoMa’s Summer Screen series will be screening Save the Last Dance for all of you dance-romance junkies.
- Dance films are also a favorite of the night. Films on the Vern is presenting Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best July round-up.